MAMAs say…”use your words.” From the very beginning, we encourage our children to talk to us, explain their thoughts and communicate. We don’t let them shout. We don’t let them talk at us – and only tell us what they want. We look them in the eye and teach them how to have a conversation. ... Read more
We are a nation of pilgrims. Unless you are a Native American Indian, you have the blood of immigrants. So, although you feel like a native, your family came here from somewhere else. Our individual immigration stories give credence to the fact that we are the scrappiest, hardest-working collection of people on the planet. Our ... Read more
Our little monsters are going to dress up and hit the streets this week, so let’s review some safety rules with them to keep these devils safe! (-: Have a FUN and (not too) spooky Halloween!!!
Please share with other MAMAS battling illness and let us know how the new healthcare law is impacting your treatment – helping? hurting? As always, we appreciate your opinions.
OCTOBER KID-O: Malala Yousafzai. Today is the UN’s International Day of the Girl, so let’s celebrate our daughters and all of the privileges they have being born in the United States of America. I took my daughter to see a powerful movie last night about the importance of educating the world’s girls. The movie is ...
The atrocities in Syria and our thawing relationship with Iran have been in the news a lot. Mostly, it’s been about the politics of the Middle East and the chances of military action, but what about the MAMAs that live there and their families? What do you think is in their best interest?
I got the call last week that my grandmother had had a stroke and was in the ER waiting on a room in the neurology unity. To be honest, my first thought was, “Well, that’s it then, it’s the beginning of the end for sure.” She will be 97 in January—so my less than positive ... Read more
MAMAS, what are your dreams for our kids and the future of our country? Click to read the full text of the historic “I have a dream” speech made 50 years ago today.
How many of us have been asked the questions, “Mommy, which of us is your favorite? Who do you love more?” As parents, we know there is only one answer to questions like these…”We love you all, equally.” The truth is we may love each child equally, but they are not all the same. And, at times, ... Read more
- Home Sweet Home
- NEWS BLOG
- About O-MAMA
- omama: HA - totally agree! Sounds like you have the best...
- Debomama: I love you, BookMAMA! Both of my kids have phones...
- momof3: I'm concerned that dropping bombs is going to kil...
- ljbonilla2: I love books! I am a writer & author. Visit my...
- jeepgirl49: I think the key to the whole immigration issue is ...
- MARRIAGE VOWS: Gay Marriage Ban Ruled Unconstitutional August 5, 2010
- BORN IN THE USA: Obama Birther Non-Sense April 19, 2011
- MOUTHS WIDE OPEN: Supreme Court Upholds Free Speech March 3, 2011
- AMAZING RACE: President Announces Education Winners August 25, 2010
- LABOR PAINS: Labor Union Protests in Wisconsin August 9, 2011
- MAJORITY RULES: What’s Your Mommy Governing Style? October 3, 2014
- THREE CHEERS FOR THE RED, WHITE AND BLUE: Celebrating 4th of July June 26, 2014
- SPRING TRAINING: Taking The Steam Out Of TEEN SEX April 20, 2014
- DOUBLE MEANING: Celebrate Easter and Spring April 1, 2014
- FEATHERING OUR NESTS: O-MAMA’s Perspective on SPRING CLEANING April 1, 2014
Follow @OMAMA2009 on Twitter