Faking the perfect family takes years of practice, so MAMAs don’t put too much pressure on yourselves for perfecting it immediately. With one major holiday down, here are some tips that can give us a head start on the next one! 1. The perfect family photo/holiday card Really? Why do we pick out matching clothes for ... Read more
Faking the perfect family takes years of practice, so MAMAs don’t put too much pressure on yourselves for perfecting it immediately. With one major holiday down, here are some tips that can give us a head start on the next one! 1.The perfect family photo/holiday card Really? Why do we pick out matching clothes for ... Read more
Originally posted 9/12/09, given the political climate, we thought our very first opinion piece was relevant this week: “Listen to your mother!” We’ve all heard it a million times….it’s an effective reminder that makes kids sit up a little straighter and pay attention. Yep, it’s true, kids need constant reminders on how to behave, but ... Read more
Conversations around the dinner table are heating up and coffee talk with the girls has a political bent these days, so how do we avoid having a smack down over the election? It isn’t always easy, but here are a few tips from friends with differing opinions on the race: 1. Talk the talk. Sometimes, ... Read more
UPDATE March 19, 2012: Army staff sergeant and father of two, Robert Bales, has been identified as the man who allegedly carried out a nighttime attack on two Afghan villages, killing 16 civllians, including 9 children. Bales has served four tours of duty in Iraq and Afghanistan, during which he suffered a brain injury and partial ... Read more
REALITY BITES: Resolutions That “Don’t Bite Off More Than MAMAs Can Chew” We’re sick of pretending like we’re going to join a gym, lose the same 10 lbs. as we’ve pledged before and finally fit into our skinny jeans. Really? Who cares? Not us, or we’d do it. So, how about just resolving to do ... Read more
UPDATE 10/21/11: The remaining troops in Iraq are coming home at the end of 2011. — Originally posted 8/19/10: Sometimes as parents we find ourselves in the craggy spot between a rock and a hard place, trying to navigate our way out of a difficult situation. Which is the right path? The just and prudent ... Read more
As we watch Michael Jackson’s family walk into the courthouse during the trial of Dr. Conrad Murray, we are again reminded that our hopes and dreams are often wrapped up in our children…all they will do and all they will achieve. How proud we’ll be. The problem is that we’ve gotten so wrapped up in ... Read more
Reposted from 11/10: Meanies have been around since the beginning of time. The kids who steal your lunch money, taunt you because you aren’t “cool” enough, give you wedgies and swirlies, call you embarrassing names…you know, those guys! We all know a bully intimately…we were either bullied by someone, we were “friends” with a bully, ... Read more
Sometimes we find ourselves in the craggy spot between a rock and a hard place, trying to navigate our way out of a difficult situation. Which is the right path? The just and prudent path? The easy or the hard way? MAMAs consider all the circumstances and make the best decision we can and move ... Read more
- Home Sweet Home
- NEWS BLOG
- About O-MAMA
- omama: HA - totally agree! Sounds like you have the best...
- Debomama: I love you, BookMAMA! Both of my kids have phones...
- momof3: I'm concerned that dropping bombs is going to kil...
- ljbonilla2: I love books! I am a writer & author. Visit my...
- jeepgirl49: I think the key to the whole immigration issue is ...
- MARRIAGE VOWS: Gay Marriage Ban Ruled Unconstitutional August 5, 2010
- BORN IN THE USA: Obama Birther Non-Sense April 19, 2011
- MOUTHS WIDE OPEN: Supreme Court Upholds Free Speech March 3, 2011
- AMAZING RACE: President Announces Education Winners August 25, 2010
- LABOR PAINS: Labor Union Protests in Wisconsin August 9, 2011
- MAJORITY RULES: What’s Your Mommy Governing Style? October 3, 2014
- THREE CHEERS FOR THE RED, WHITE AND BLUE: Celebrating 4th of July June 26, 2014
- SPRING TRAINING: Taking The Steam Out Of TEEN SEX April 20, 2014
- DOUBLE MEANING: Celebrate Easter and Spring April 1, 2014
- FEATHERING OUR NESTS: O-MAMA’s Perspective on SPRING CLEANING April 1, 2014
Follow @OMAMA2009 on Twitter