Majority rules, at least some of the time! As citizens, our vote is our voice and with all the non-sense in Washington, we’re reminded of our important role in the national conversation. Our opinions matter on the issues impacting our nation. Our country is governed based on the fact that we the people are supposed to ... Read more
Of course we don’t want our teenagers to “do it,” but when puberty hits, it’s on. The train is on the track. Hormones start raging and there is no stopping them. Crush number one begins with a shy smile on the way to their locker. Crush two hits with a whiff of the quarterback’s sweat ... Read more
Spring is in the air. The birds and the bees are flitting around doing their thing…nature abounds. The birds are feathering their nests and laying their eggs, while the bees are busy pollinating every flower in the garden. The air is crisp and clean. Chirping and buzzing fills the air. Everything seems fresh and new. ... Read more
Cupid has a moving target when lovers become mothers…our hearts are full…it’s just that our heads are spinning. Which reminds us of a spin cycle, which reminds us of overflowing laundry baskets…so, if our main squeeze wants us to throw ourselves at him, you guessed it, he should throw in some laundry! We just don’t ... Read more
Submitted by BookMAMA I don’t have an I-phone. I have a phone but it’s not smart. It’s not a Blackberry or an Android. I don’t even know what an Android is. But my not smart phone does actually work—as far as that goes. People can call me or text me and I can call or ... Read more
We are a nation of pilgrims. Unless you are a Native American Indian, you have the blood of immigrants. So, although you feel like a native, your family came here from somewhere else. Our individual immigration stories give credence to the fact that we are the scrappiest, hardest-working collection of people on the planet. Our ... Read more
I got the call last week that my grandmother had had a stroke and was in the ER waiting on a room in the neurology unity. To be honest, my first thought was, “Well, that’s it then, it’s the beginning of the end for sure.” She will be 97 in January—so my less than positive ... Read more
How many of us have been asked the questions, “Mommy, which of us is your favorite? Who do you love more?” As parents, we know there is only one answer to questions like these…”We love you all, equally.” The truth is we may love each child equally, but they are not all the same. And, at times, ... Read more
When the honeymoon is over and the day-to-day grind of real life begins, it takes a lot of hard work to create a healthy, happy…more perfect…union. Whether we are talking about the state of our country or the state of our own marriage and family, the message is the same. We need to take time ... Read more
Reposted from January 24, 2011: “Bang! Bang! You’re dead.” It’s all fun and games, right? We can’t stop our kids from shooting things…I tried, my son turned a banana into a gun. But, as a mother, I can make sure he doesn’t point his banana at anyone. That’s the rule in our house. Why? We ... Read more
- Home Sweet Home
- NEWS BLOG
- About O-MAMA
- omama: HA - totally agree! Sounds like you have the best...
- Debomama: I love you, BookMAMA! Both of my kids have phones...
- momof3: I'm concerned that dropping bombs is going to kil...
- ljbonilla2: I love books! I am a writer & author. Visit my...
- jeepgirl49: I think the key to the whole immigration issue is ...
- MARRIAGE VOWS: Gay Marriage Ban Ruled Unconstitutional August 5, 2010
- BORN IN THE USA: Obama Birther Non-Sense April 19, 2011
- MOUTHS WIDE OPEN: Supreme Court Upholds Free Speech March 3, 2011
- AMAZING RACE: President Announces Education Winners August 25, 2010
- LABOR PAINS: Labor Union Protests in Wisconsin August 9, 2011
- MAJORITY RULES: What’s Your Mommy Governing Style? October 3, 2014
- THREE CHEERS FOR THE RED, WHITE AND BLUE: Celebrating 4th of July June 26, 2014
- SPRING TRAINING: Taking The Steam Out Of TEEN SEX April 20, 2014
- DOUBLE MEANING: Celebrate Easter and Spring April 1, 2014
- FEATHERING OUR NESTS: O-MAMA’s Perspective on SPRING CLEANING April 1, 2014
Follow @OMAMA2009 on Twitter