Majority rules, at least some of the time! As citizens, our vote is our voice and with all the non-sense in Washington, we’re reminded of our important role in the national conversation. Our opinions matter on the issues impacting our nation. Our country is governed based on the fact that we the people are supposed to ... Read more
Fireworks, watermelon, parades, sunburns and barbecues may be what your kiddos associate with the 4th of July. Indeed, it is America’s largest secular holiday, and a beloved day for those of us blessed to live in the United States. The 4th of July marks the day that members of the Second Continental Congress, during ... Read more
Of course we don’t want our teenagers to “do it,” but when puberty hits, it’s on. The train is on the track. Hormones start raging and there is no stopping them. Crush number one begins with a shy smile on the way to their locker. Crush two hits with a whiff of the quarterback’s sweat ... Read more
Easter is a Christian holiday that like most is mixed with ‘pagan’ ritual and celebration. Pagan rituals were adapted around important Christian celebrations. Even the word Easter comes from the Anglo-Saxon goddess of spring, “Eostre.” Today, Christians celebrate the Resurrection of Jesus Christ on Easter, but most Americans also celebrate the spirit of spring and renewal. ... Read more
Spring is in the air. The birds and the bees are flitting around doing their thing…nature abounds. The birds are feathering their nests and laying their eggs, while the bees are busy pollinating every flower in the garden. The air is crisp and clean. Chirping and buzzing fills the air. Everything seems fresh and new. ... Read more
It’s almost St. Patrick’s Day and the U.S. goes shamrock crazy on St. Patty’s, because we have so many transplants and descendants from the Emerald Isle. In fact, our President’s great, great, great grandfather was raised in Moneygall, Ireland. Almost a quarter of our presidents have had some connection to Ireland. So, we can all be ... Read more
MAMAs need all the help we can get! So, in the spirit of our new Catholic papa and upcoming Shamrock shenanigans, we thought we could all use some words of encouragement from the Luck ‘o the Irish themselves. We hope these wise words put a little jig in your step today. Share them with other ... Read more
Cupid has a moving target when lovers become mothers…our hearts are full…it’s just that our heads are spinning. Which reminds us of a spin cycle, which reminds us of overflowing laundry baskets…so, if our main squeeze wants us to throw ourselves at him, you guessed it, he should throw in some laundry! We just don’t ... Read more
Submitted by BookMAMA I don’t have an I-phone. I have a phone but it’s not smart. It’s not a Blackberry or an Android. I don’t even know what an Android is. But my not smart phone does actually work—as far as that goes. People can call me or text me and I can call or ... Read more
- Home Sweet Home
- NEWS BLOG
- About O-MAMA
- omama: HA - totally agree! Sounds like you have the best...
- Debomama: I love you, BookMAMA! Both of my kids have phones...
- momof3: I'm concerned that dropping bombs is going to kil...
- ljbonilla2: I love books! I am a writer & author. Visit my...
- jeepgirl49: I think the key to the whole immigration issue is ...
- MARRIAGE VOWS: Gay Marriage Ban Ruled Unconstitutional August 5, 2010
- BORN IN THE USA: Obama Birther Non-Sense April 19, 2011
- MOUTHS WIDE OPEN: Supreme Court Upholds Free Speech March 3, 2011
- AMAZING RACE: President Announces Education Winners August 25, 2010
- LABOR PAINS: Labor Union Protests in Wisconsin August 9, 2011
- MAJORITY RULES: What’s Your Mommy Governing Style? October 3, 2014
- THREE CHEERS FOR THE RED, WHITE AND BLUE: Celebrating 4th of July June 26, 2014
- SPRING TRAINING: Taking The Steam Out Of TEEN SEX April 20, 2014
- DOUBLE MEANING: Celebrate Easter and Spring April 1, 2014
- FEATHERING OUR NESTS: O-MAMA’s Perspective on SPRING CLEANING April 1, 2014
Follow @OMAMA2009 on Twitter