OCTOBER KID-O: Malala Yousafzai. Today is the UN’s International Day of the Girl, so let’s celebrate our daughters and all of the privileges they have being born in the United States of America. I took my daughter to see a powerful movie last night about the importance of educating the world’s girls. The movie is ...
O-MAMA wants to hear all about the incredible KID-Os making a difference every day in the lives of their friends, families, neighbors, communities and country.
Come on…brag about your kids! Nominate a great kid that is changing the world in some way – big or small – just email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with their name and contact info, plus details about why this KID-O is shaking things up. Submissions can also include a picture, video and/or resume.
GIRLS RISING: Malala Yousafzai
KATIE’S GARDEN GROWS: Katie Stagliano
Our Kid-O from January 2011, Katie Stagliano,
just announced an opportunity for kids 9-16 who start a vegetable garden in their community to feed needy people. They can win a grant for up to $400, support from Katie’s Krops, and a digital camera!
SWEET DREAMS: Christina Taylor Green
FEBRUARY KID-O: Christina Taylor Green
This Kid-O led an extraordinary life from the moment she entered the world, until the moment she left it. Like us, her passion for politics began during the last presidential campaign, so we feel connected to her…and we know you do, too.
DECEMBER 2012 KID-O CHANGING THE WORLD: Politi-Kid Connor Brantley
Connor Brantley is changing the world by changing the face of politics, although, he’s more likely to be using pimple cream than shaving cream on his! This 14-year-old spicy Texan founded “United Now,” a political group with the goal of, “ending the partisan divide and showing that you are never too young to be involved ...
OCTOBER 2012 KID-Os CHANGING THE WORLD: Kind Duo Lauren Parsekian and Molly Thompson
We’d like to think that most kids are naturally “kind,” but we know bullying is a problem in our society. We found two gals who identified this problem, but did not accept that bullying was the “common ground” for girls’ relationships. They went out in search of examples of kindness and mutual respect, and are ...
Golden Children: Future Olympians
Future Olympians There are kids all over the country who practice every day and are working hard to be outstanding athletes – maybe even team USA’s future Olympians?! The Junior Olympics for water polo are happening in August at Stanford University and proud MAMA, Michelle, wants to give a shout out to her daughter, Evan, ...
MAKING A SPLASH: Harrison Tingler
JULY KID-O: Harrison Tingler. Has your child ever been excited about swimming lessons? Mine never were?! They used to scream and cry. It was a stressful way to kick off the summer “fun.” Well, problem solved! We found THE swimming instructor KIDS LOVE and so do their MAMAS!!! Hooray for Harrison. Harrison is a great ...
PUTTING FAMILY FIRST: Zach Wahls
MAY 2012 KID-O: Zach Wahls Zach is our KID-O of the month because he is changing the world by putting GAY MARRIAGE in the context of millions of kids with same-sex parents. Zach has become the face of “a child of a same sex couple.” Zach Wahls is all about family. He’s sorta your average ...
JANUARY 2012 KID-O CHANGING THE WORLD: Jenna Carly Tudela
Introducing Jenna Carly Tudela, the first American born baby of 2012. Jenna was born at 12:01am in Guam Memorial Hospital, which is where the first American born baby of the year enters the world! Guam is “Where America’s Day Begins,” as it is an American territory. The Tudela family will be treated to $7,000 in gifts ...
SPRINGING INTO ACTION:Brittany Young
- Home Sweet Home
- NEWS BLOG
- About O-MAMA
- omama: HA - totally agree! Sounds like you have the best...
- Debomama: I love you, BookMAMA! Both of my kids have phones...
- momof3: I'm concerned that dropping bombs is going to kil...
- ljbonilla2: I love books! I am a writer & author. Visit my...
- jeepgirl49: I think the key to the whole immigration issue is ...
- MARRIAGE VOWS: Gay Marriage Ban Ruled Unconstitutional August 5, 2010
- BORN IN THE USA: Obama Birther Non-Sense April 19, 2011
- MOUTHS WIDE OPEN: Supreme Court Upholds Free Speech March 3, 2011
- AMAZING RACE: President Announces Education Winners August 25, 2010
- LABOR PAINS: Labor Union Protests in Wisconsin August 9, 2011
- MAJORITY RULES: What’s Your Mommy Governing Style? October 3, 2014
- THREE CHEERS FOR THE RED, WHITE AND BLUE: Celebrating 4th of July June 26, 2014
- SPRING TRAINING: Taking The Steam Out Of TEEN SEX April 20, 2014
- DOUBLE MEANING: Celebrate Easter and Spring April 1, 2014
- FEATHERING OUR NESTS: O-MAMA’s Perspective on SPRING CLEANING April 1, 2014
Follow @OMAMA2009 on Twitter