UPDATE March 19, 2012: Army staff sergeant and father of two, Robert Bales, has been identified as the man who allegedly carried out a nighttime attack on two Afghan villages, killing 16 civllians, including 9 children. Bales has served four tours of duty in Iraq and Afghanistan, during which he suffered a brain injury and partial ... Read more
What do you want to chat about?Add Comment
Most Recent Post:
UPDATE 12/12/11: The remaining troops in Iraq are coming home in three weeks and President Obama and Iraqi Prime Minister al-Maliki held a joint news conference explaining that Iraq will be following it’s own interests in making any future decisions ————- After a phone call with the Prime Minister of Iraq, Nouri al-Maliki, President Obama announced that ALL ... Read more
After a phone call with the Prime Minister of Iraq, Nouri al-Maliki, President Obama announced that ALL of our troops will be out of Iraq by the end of the year. Also, promising that they will be home for the holidays…we’re thinking Christmas, not Halloween!? (-: Our combat troops came home last summer and now the rest of ... Read more
UPDATE 10/21/11: The remaining troops in Iraq are coming home at the end of 2011. — Originally posted 8/19/10: Sometimes as parents we find ourselves in the craggy spot between a rock and a hard place, trying to navigate our way out of a difficult situation. Which is the right path? The just and prudent ... Read more
Sometimes we find ourselves in the craggy spot between a rock and a hard place, trying to navigate our way out of a difficult situation. Which is the right path? The just and prudent path? The easy or the hard way? MAMAs consider all the circumstances and make the best decision we can and move ... Read more
We all need to stop and take a MOMent every day to remember that we have troops overseas fighting for our country. Not just on Memorial Day, but every day until every soldier comes home. Today on O-MAMA radio we interviewed Navy Seal MAMA, Becky Christensen, from Molly’s Adopt A Sailor. This non-profit organization adopts ... Read more
On Memorial Day and every day, let’s not forget that we still have thousands of service men and women overseas sacrificing so much for our country. And, let’s not forget their families that are sacrificing so much, too. So, until everyone comes home, please reach out to “the people in your neighborhood” who have loved ... Read more
The country had a big win this week by bringing down the world’s Most Wanted terrorist. President Obama announced a change of leadership in the national security team on April 28th. General David Petraeus will now be the director of the CIA, after commanding the U.S. forces in Afghanistan. Might be handy to have a ... Read more
So, we have a few little conflicts to deal with at present. Besides Iraq and Afghanistan there are various and sundry Middle Eastern uprisings to deal with as well. Bummer. But, an even bigger bummer is that our national-security team is now making substitutions. Defense Secretary Robert Gates, Admiral Mike Mullen and Deputy Secretary of ... Read more
MAMAs know that “pulling out doesn’t always work,” or some of us wouldn’t be moms, right? Okay, that said, the President is proposing withdrawing our troops from Afghanistan beginning in July 2011 and ending in 2014. We’re not debating whether or not we should have done it…we’re already in. Now what? Whether or not ... Read more
- Home Sweet Home
- NEWS BLOG
- About O-MAMA
- omama: HA - totally agree! Sounds like you have the best...
- Debomama: I love you, BookMAMA! Both of my kids have phones...
- momof3: I'm concerned that dropping bombs is going to kil...
- ljbonilla2: I love books! I am a writer & author. Visit my...
- jeepgirl49: I think the key to the whole immigration issue is ...
- MARRIAGE VOWS: Gay Marriage Ban Ruled Unconstitutional August 5, 2010
- BORN IN THE USA: Obama Birther Non-Sense April 19, 2011
- MOUTHS WIDE OPEN: Supreme Court Upholds Free Speech March 3, 2011
- AMAZING RACE: President Announces Education Winners August 25, 2010
- LABOR PAINS: Labor Union Protests in Wisconsin August 9, 2011
- MAJORITY RULES: What’s Your Mommy Governing Style? October 3, 2014
- THREE CHEERS FOR THE RED, WHITE AND BLUE: Celebrating 4th of July June 26, 2014
- SPRING TRAINING: Taking The Steam Out Of TEEN SEX April 20, 2014
- DOUBLE MEANING: Celebrate Easter and Spring April 1, 2014
- FEATHERING OUR NESTS: O-MAMA’s Perspective on SPRING CLEANING April 1, 2014
Follow @OMAMA2009 on Twitter