My six year old daughter was the angel last night in her Christmas program. She sparkled and wiggled her way through and every parent smiled through tears at the sweetness before us. We watched our little children sing Christmas carols, while our hearts ached for the parents of all the innocent children taken too soon ... Read more
What do you want to chat about?Add Comment
Most Recent Post:
UPDATED 2/22/12- Former UVA lacrosse player, George Huguely, was found guilty of second degree murder and grand larceny in the death of his ex-girlfriend, Yeardley Love. A jury is recommending a 26 year prison sentence. Prosecutors said that Yeardley’s body was covered in bruises when she was found, but that she died from blunt force ... Read more
UPDATED January 25, 2012: Democratic Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords from Arizona stepped down to work on her recovery. It has been a year since she was shot in Tuscon at a political event. During her absence, her collegues stepped-up and helped be the voice for her consituents. She was lauded by friends and collegues alike for her personal courage and ... Read more
Update January 12, 2012: Joran van der Sloot pleaded guilty in a Peruvian court to the 2010 murder of 21-year-old Peruvian student Stephany Flores. Van der Sloot is also the main suspect in the disappearance of the American, Natalee Holloway, in 2005. He told the court, “I am truly sorry for this act. I feel very ... Read more
Did you ever sneak out of your house when you were younger? To meet a boy you liked? To giggle with your girlfriends? To cruise around town looking for trouble? MAMAs know nothing good happens after midnight, so we have our 18 year olds in by 11 p.m.! But, what about our 11 year olds? ... Read more
Next time your feel like your teens are out of control, and it’s making you crazy…take a deep breath, please! You’d think it should go without saying that we need to do whatever we can to avoid losing it, like this Florida mom who admitted to shooting her two teens. Sure, sometimes our kids push ... Read more
A political event in a Tucson supermarket parking lot turned deadly January 8th, when a lone gunman opened fire. The shooter, 22 year-old Jared Lee Loughner, is in custody and is expected to be charged with the attempted assassination of US Democratic Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords, whom he shot in the head and is fighting for ... Read more
Originally posted 10/09: You know what happens when you fill a balloon up too much? It pops! We seem to be a nation on the verge of exploding. There is so much pent up frustration, anxiety, fear, anger and despair locked up inside the American people we are about to burst. Something has got to ... Read more
A volunteer for the Kentucky Republican Senatorial candidate, Rand Paul, pushed down and stomped on the neck (some say “head,” some say “shoulders,” take a look at the video and decide for yourself) of a MoveOn.org volunteer at a debate rally. The woman, Lauren Vallee, said,”these supporters were not very nice to me and my ... Read more
You know what happens when you fill a balloon up too much – it pops! And, we seem to be a nation on the verge of exploding. There is so much pent up frustration, anxiety, fear, anger and despair locked up inside the American people we are about to burst. Something has got to give. ... Read more
- Home Sweet Home
- NEWS BLOG
- About O-MAMA
- omama: HA - totally agree! Sounds like you have the best...
- Debomama: I love you, BookMAMA! Both of my kids have phones...
- momof3: I'm concerned that dropping bombs is going to kil...
- ljbonilla2: I love books! I am a writer & author. Visit my...
- jeepgirl49: I think the key to the whole immigration issue is ...
- MARRIAGE VOWS: Gay Marriage Ban Ruled Unconstitutional August 5, 2010
- BORN IN THE USA: Obama Birther Non-Sense April 19, 2011
- MOUTHS WIDE OPEN: Supreme Court Upholds Free Speech March 3, 2011
- AMAZING RACE: President Announces Education Winners August 25, 2010
- LABOR PAINS: Labor Union Protests in Wisconsin August 9, 2011
- MAJORITY RULES: What’s Your Mommy Governing Style? October 3, 2014
- THREE CHEERS FOR THE RED, WHITE AND BLUE: Celebrating 4th of July June 26, 2014
- SPRING TRAINING: Taking The Steam Out Of TEEN SEX April 20, 2014
- DOUBLE MEANING: Celebrate Easter and Spring April 1, 2014
- FEATHERING OUR NESTS: O-MAMA’s Perspective on SPRING CLEANING April 1, 2014
Follow @OMAMA2009 on Twitter