Betty Bunny is a very popular bunny in the world of children’s literature, but she also gets a little bit of a bad rap because she’s pretty badly behaved. She’s in good company though–all the old and new favorites tend to be less than perfect as far as manners and overall demeanor: Olivia, Eloise, etc. ... Read more
What do you want to chat about?Add Comment
Most Recent Post:
We had a very girly couple of days last weekend. Daddy was off hunting and so we spent our days trying to tire out our puppy and doing each other’s nails…baking peanut butter muffins and red velvet cupcakes and flat ironing each other’s hair..but most of our time, in the evening at least, was spent ... Read more
Why are bad things so much worse at Christmas? For some reason there is this almost innate desire in us parent types to have that traditional, Norman Rockwell-esque picture perfect holiday with the cozy fire, nuclear family, big dog on the rug, carolers at the door, steaming cider in mugs. Anything short of that is ... Read more
We were having dinner at my mother-in-laws the other night. Her ice maker has been on the fritz, and she lives alone so she had just been using her old ice trays rather than call a repairman. She was helping my daughters get some cranberry juice—on the rocks—of course, and was popping the ice casually ... Read more
I’ll never forget one of my first freshmen English sections in college. The teacher—probably a grad student—went around the table asking each of us which character in fiction we wanted to be and why. I was horrified and petrified and the truth was I really wanted to be one of the Sweet Valley High Twins ... Read more
In my extended family, I have by default become the unofficial Thanksgiving hostess. No one else wants to deal with the mess, or the hassle, so I have taken over. Ever since my first daughter was born and I went into my first post-partum “mole” period, I’ve been hosting—that baby is 10 now and her ... Read more
I absolutely love dyeing Easter eggs—always have. I love that vinegar smell. I love waiting and waiting for the color to get really dark and true. I love painting fancy eggs with brushes and everything. It’s honestly one of the few holiday traditions that I fully embrace. Plus I love to eat hard boiled eggs ... Read more
I have to be honest. I am not a big fan of Halloween—the actual day with the trick or treating and all that. One of my daughters has tremendous angst over costume selection and changes her mind 5 thousand times every year. I did manage to talk her out of going as a taco this ... Read more
This book is an absolute classic. It was much loved by me as a child and my own kids feel the same way. It contains stories, poems and songs and the last story is Clement C. Moore’s The Night Before Christmas which of course, we always save until Christmas Eve! The illustrations are vintage which for me, ... Read more
The holidays are here! In the spirit of massive excess that marks our American Christmas celebrations, I offer you a sort of montage of Christmas books this month. I thought I’d try to be a little bit seasonal—thematic if you will, for this month, this oh, so joyous month of glad tidings and joy to ... Read more
- Home Sweet Home
- NEWS BLOG
- About O-MAMA
- omama: HA - totally agree! Sounds like you have the best...
- Debomama: I love you, BookMAMA! Both of my kids have phones...
- momof3: I'm concerned that dropping bombs is going to kil...
- ljbonilla2: I love books! I am a writer & author. Visit my...
- jeepgirl49: I think the key to the whole immigration issue is ...
- MARRIAGE VOWS: Gay Marriage Ban Ruled Unconstitutional August 5, 2010
- BORN IN THE USA: Obama Birther Non-Sense April 19, 2011
- MOUTHS WIDE OPEN: Supreme Court Upholds Free Speech March 3, 2011
- AMAZING RACE: President Announces Education Winners August 25, 2010
- LABOR PAINS: Labor Union Protests in Wisconsin August 9, 2011
- MAJORITY RULES: What’s Your Mommy Governing Style? October 3, 2014
- THREE CHEERS FOR THE RED, WHITE AND BLUE: Celebrating 4th of July June 26, 2014
- SPRING TRAINING: Taking The Steam Out Of TEEN SEX April 20, 2014
- DOUBLE MEANING: Celebrate Easter and Spring April 1, 2014
- FEATHERING OUR NESTS: O-MAMA’s Perspective on SPRING CLEANING April 1, 2014
Follow @OMAMA2009 on Twitter