Fireworks, watermelon, parades, sunburns and barbecues may be what your kiddos associate with the 4th of July. Indeed, it is America’s largest secular holiday, and a beloved day for those of us blessed to live in the United States. The 4th of July marks the day that members of the Second Continental Congress, during ... Read more
What do you want to chat about?Add Comment
Most Recent Post:
THREE CHEERS FOR THE RED, WHITE AND BLUE: Celebrating 4th of July
DOUBLE MEANING: Celebrate Easter and Spring
Easter is a Christian holiday that like most is mixed with ‘pagan’ ritual and celebration. Pagan rituals were adapted around important Christian celebrations. Even the word Easter comes from the Anglo-Saxon goddess of spring, “Eostre.” Today, Christians celebrate the Resurrection of Jesus Christ on Easter, but most Americans also celebrate the spirit of spring and renewal. ... Read more
LUCK TO THE IRISH: St. Patrick’s Day
It’s almost St. Patrick’s Day and the U.S. goes shamrock crazy on St. Patty’s, because we have so many transplants and descendants from the Emerald Isle. In fact, our President’s great, great, great grandfather was raised in Moneygall, Ireland. Almost a quarter of our presidents have had some connection to Ireland. So, we can all be ... Read more
“Redefining Romance”: Opinionated MAMA’s Practical Perspective on VALENTINE’S DAY
Cupid has a moving target when lovers become mothers…our hearts are full…it’s just that our heads are spinning. Which reminds us of a spin cycle, which reminds us of overflowing laundry baskets…so, if our main squeeze wants us to throw ourselves at him, you guessed it, he should throw in some laundry! We just don’t ... Read more
TRICK OR TREAT: Halloween Safety Tips
Our little monsters are going to dress up and hit the streets this week, so let’s review some safety rules with them to keep these devils safe! (-: Have a FUN and (not too) spooky Halloween!!!
REALITY BITES: Resolutions That “Don’t Bite Off More Than MAMAs Can Chew”
We’re sick of pretending like we’re going to join a gym, lose the same 10 lbs. as we’ve pledged before and finally fit into our skinny jeans. Really? Who cares? Not us, or we’d do it. So, how about just resolving to do what we can do? Let’s embrace the Spanks and stop dumping so ... Read more
O-MAMA’s Tips For Faking The “Perfect” Family” Holiday
Faking the perfect family takes years of practice, so MAMAs don’t put too much pressure on yourselves for perfecting it immediately. With one major holiday down, here are some tips that can give us a head start on the next one! 1. The perfect family photo/holiday card Really? Why do we pick out matching clothes for ... Read more
O-MAMA’s Tips For Faking The “Perfect” Family MOMents During The Holidays
Faking the perfect family takes years of practice, so MAMAs don’t put too much pressure on yourselves for perfecting it immediately. With one major holiday down, here are some tips that can give us a head start on the next one! 1.The perfect family photo/holiday card Really? Why do we pick out matching clothes for ... Read more
PASS IT DOWN: The Jewish Holiday Of Passover
In case you didn’t know, Passover is one of the most important of all Jewish holidays. Why? This Jewish holy day honors the Exodus of the Israelites from Egypt after they were freed from slavery. Hooray! The Old Testament says that God was to exact a tenth plague upon the land by killing everyone’s first born sons, ... Read more
LOVE CONQUERS ALL: The History of St. Valentine’s Day
We love love. We love Valentine’s Day. But who is this Valentine person and how’d he get a day? The story, MAMAs, is one for the ages…tell your KID-Os. In Rome 270 A.D., the Emperor Claudius II, outlawed marriage. Yes, outlawed it- because he was having trouble getting married men to go off to war ... Read more
- Home Sweet Home
- NEWS BLOG
- About O-MAMA
- omama: HA - totally agree! Sounds like you have the best...
- Debomama: I love you, BookMAMA! Both of my kids have phones...
- momof3: I'm concerned that dropping bombs is going to kil...
- ljbonilla2: I love books! I am a writer & author. Visit my...
- jeepgirl49: I think the key to the whole immigration issue is ...
- MARRIAGE VOWS: Gay Marriage Ban Ruled Unconstitutional August 5, 2010
- BORN IN THE USA: Obama Birther Non-Sense April 19, 2011
- MOUTHS WIDE OPEN: Supreme Court Upholds Free Speech March 3, 2011
- AMAZING RACE: President Announces Education Winners August 25, 2010
- LABOR PAINS: Labor Union Protests in Wisconsin August 9, 2011
- MAJORITY RULES: What’s Your Mommy Governing Style? October 3, 2014
- THREE CHEERS FOR THE RED, WHITE AND BLUE: Celebrating 4th of July June 26, 2014
- SPRING TRAINING: Taking The Steam Out Of TEEN SEX April 20, 2014
- DOUBLE MEANING: Celebrate Easter and Spring April 1, 2014
- FEATHERING OUR NESTS: O-MAMA’s Perspective on SPRING CLEANING April 1, 2014
Follow @OMAMA2009 on Twitter
HA – totally agree! Sounds like you have the best kind of LOVE. xox