Submitted by BookMAMA I don’t have an I-phone. I have a phone but it’s not smart. It’s not a Blackberry or an Android. I don’t even know what an Android is. But my not smart phone does actually work—as far as that goes. People can call me or text me and I can call or ... Read more
What do you want to chat about?Add Comment
Most Recent Post:
UPDATED May 18, 2012 - Today is the day, Mark Zuckerberg rang the opening bell on the NYSE! UPDATED February 2, 2012- Facebook goes public! The most influencial social media network, with almost a billion users, has filed papers to become a publically traded company, and is hoping to raise $5 billion in its initial public offering. ... Read more
UPDATED February 2, 2012- Facebook goes public! The most influencial social media network, with almost a billion users, has filed papers to become a publically traded company, and is hoping to raise $5 billion in its initial public offering. Founder, Mark Zuckerberg will stay on as Facebook chairman and largest stock holder. ————— Originally posted December ... Read more
Bad news for all chatterboxes. Cell phone use has been linked to brain cancer in a recent study on adult males, apparently due to the radiation they emit. Enough time has passed since the invention of cell phones to have some empirical data and the rate of brain tumors doubled in cell phone users over ... Read more
It’s 6pm and the family has just sat down at the table to enjoy dinner together when the phone rings. Who could be calling at dinnertime? Doesn’t everyone know NOT to call at dinnertime? Yes! Most people do, but telemarketers aren’t most people…they are telemarketers. They know when you are home, at dinner, with your ... Read more
According to the New York Times, a super slinky cyber worm wiggled its way into Iran’s nuclear centrifuges and hindered their ability to make an atomic bomb. So, for all of us who feared what was next from that region of the world – Iran can’t bomb it’s neighbors, at least not for 3-ish years. ... Read more
Facebook founder, Mark Zuckerberg is Time Magazine’s person of the year for 2010. While a 19-year-old sophomore at Harvard, he began Thefacebook.com from his dorm room. His simple mission was to connect college kids through social networking. Today, Facebook has 550 million members, who speak 75 languages and log 700 billion minutes a month on ... Read more
Hey MAMAS – a word of caution today! Apparently, all cell phones made after 2005 have GPS tracking, “It’s usually latitude and longitude coordinates that can be used to be put into a mapping program to show exactly where you are,” said Lieutenant Dennis Lane from the New York Police Department’s Computer Crimes Squad. So, ... Read more
WIKI UPDATE: To keep you in the loop MAMAS…The Guardian reports: “Britain’s high court today decided to grant bail to Julian Assange, the WikiLeaks founder who is wanted in Sweden for questioning over allegations of rape.” Add another word to the urban dictionary: “Hacktivists!” These internet activists have promised to bring down the websites of ... Read more
Robert G. Evans won the Nobel Prize for medicine for his work developing in vitro fertilization (IVF). He is known as the “father of the test tube baby” and began his work in the 1950’s on in vitro fertilization as a treatment for infertility. The first test tube baby, Louise Brown, was born in ... Read more
- Home Sweet Home
- NEWS BLOG
- About O-MAMA
- omama: HA - totally agree! Sounds like you have the best...
- Debomama: I love you, BookMAMA! Both of my kids have phones...
- momof3: I'm concerned that dropping bombs is going to kil...
- ljbonilla2: I love books! I am a writer & author. Visit my...
- jeepgirl49: I think the key to the whole immigration issue is ...
- MARRIAGE VOWS: Gay Marriage Ban Ruled Unconstitutional August 5, 2010
- BORN IN THE USA: Obama Birther Non-Sense April 19, 2011
- MOUTHS WIDE OPEN: Supreme Court Upholds Free Speech March 3, 2011
- AMAZING RACE: President Announces Education Winners August 25, 2010
- LABOR PAINS: Labor Union Protests in Wisconsin August 9, 2011
- MAJORITY RULES: What’s Your Mommy Governing Style? October 3, 2014
- THREE CHEERS FOR THE RED, WHITE AND BLUE: Celebrating 4th of July June 26, 2014
- SPRING TRAINING: Taking The Steam Out Of TEEN SEX April 20, 2014
- DOUBLE MEANING: Celebrate Easter and Spring April 1, 2014
- FEATHERING OUR NESTS: O-MAMA’s Perspective on SPRING CLEANING April 1, 2014
Follow @OMAMA2009 on Twitter