While watching the news about the Costa Concordia cruise ship disaster over the weekend, my daughter asked me, “Where does the captain go if his ship sinks?” Without hesitation, I responded, “nowhere, honey, the captain goes down with the ship.” She looked at me and said, “You mean, always? They always stay on the ship while it’s ... Read more
What do you want to chat about?Add Comment
Most Recent Post:
Not to be crass, but apparently you can plant your dead kid in the woods, but you can’t plant veggies in your yard?! Really!? Have you heard about the Michigan mom who is facing jail time for planting a vegetable garden in her front yard to teach her kids about healthy food? The city ... Read more
Too much TV isn’t all bad, apparently, because 9-year-old Tristin Saghin says that’s where he learned to do CPR. Tristin used the life saving skills he learned on TV to save his 2-year old sister’s life. The children’s mother found the little girl floating in their grandmother’s swimming pool, and pulled her out. Tristin immediately ... Read more
How do we keep air travel safe? Good question for the FAA to answer, as the rest of us make our summer travel plans. Top FAA officials and union representatives are on a nationwide tour to talk about professionalism and safety in the control towers across America. Why? Well, air traffic controllers have been in ... Read more
Actress Lindsay Lohan just can’t seem to keep it together. Just when she’s got the ankle bracelet off, she goes and steals another piece of bling. Seriously? She was charged with felony grand theft for stealing a $250,000 necklace from a Venice, CA, jewelry store. To add insult to injury, Lohan showed up to court ... Read more
Somebody warn Tony Soprano that the Feds are coming! The FBI put a “hit on” seven mob families in New York, New Jersey and Rhode Island, arresting 127 people. Bookies, “made” mob bosses, and even a couple of union officials were “clocked” (under surveillance) for alleged charges ranging from murder and extortion, to drug trafficking ... Read more
How about a little on-board entertainment? Some shuffleboard or musical extravaganza to pass the time at sea while in the Middle East? Everyone should have a little fun on a cruise, right? Well, U.S. Naval Captain, Owen Honors, entertained the crew of the aircraft carrier, USS Enterprise, all right. The ship’s 6,000 crew members were ... Read more
Chatter boxes beware! You could end up in the Yale Book of Quotations. Just be careful not to put your foot in your mouth. Our kids know, maybe better than we do in this electronic age, that you have to “think before you speak.” If not, you could end up on this list! Yale Law ... Read more
John Tyner was set to fly from San Diego to South Dakota, but never made it out of the airport. Why? Well, he refused to get a full body scan, or a pat down at security which led to a snarky exchange with the TSA. He posted the incident, including cell-phone video, on his website ... Read more
Moms are good at doing lots of things, and we are really good at doing lots of things at the same time. We can fold laundry, make a peanut butter sandwich, kiss a boo boo, answer an email, and grab the phone…all while chewing gum and holding a baby! We are either running this gauntlet ... Read more
- Home Sweet Home
- NEWS BLOG
- About O-MAMA
- omama: HA - totally agree! Sounds like you have the best...
- Debomama: I love you, BookMAMA! Both of my kids have phones...
- momof3: I'm concerned that dropping bombs is going to kil...
- ljbonilla2: I love books! I am a writer & author. Visit my...
- jeepgirl49: I think the key to the whole immigration issue is ...
- MARRIAGE VOWS: Gay Marriage Ban Ruled Unconstitutional August 5, 2010
- BORN IN THE USA: Obama Birther Non-Sense April 19, 2011
- MOUTHS WIDE OPEN: Supreme Court Upholds Free Speech March 3, 2011
- AMAZING RACE: President Announces Education Winners August 25, 2010
- LABOR PAINS: Labor Union Protests in Wisconsin August 9, 2011
- MAJORITY RULES: What’s Your Mommy Governing Style? October 3, 2014
- THREE CHEERS FOR THE RED, WHITE AND BLUE: Celebrating 4th of July June 26, 2014
- SPRING TRAINING: Taking The Steam Out Of TEEN SEX April 20, 2014
- DOUBLE MEANING: Celebrate Easter and Spring April 1, 2014
- FEATHERING OUR NESTS: O-MAMA’s Perspective on SPRING CLEANING April 1, 2014
Follow @OMAMA2009 on Twitter