UPDATE: Today, the 911 Memorial Museum opens. President Bush and President Obama will attend the ceremony. — Originally posted 5/5/11: Osama Bin Laden’s death has sent the President to New York, to lay a wreath at the World Trade Center site and visit the firehouse and police station in that district in remembrance of those who ... Read more
What do you want to chat about?Add Comment
Most Recent Post:
UNITED WE STAND: Rebuilding The World Trade Center
RAISE IT UP: Fly The Flag For 9/11
We know that there are some events in life that change us – for the good and the bad – but, we will never forget the impact they make on who we become. We are a different nation than we were 10 years ago, just like our KID-Os are different people than they were 10 ... Read more
IN THE KNOW: Wise Words For Women
Poet, Maya Angelou, is fabulous and has written incredible, thought-provoking words. However, there is an email chain going around crediting her for writing “What Every Woman Should Know.” So, we thought you should know that Pamela Redmond Satran actually wrote it for Glamour magazine. They are sage words, nevertheless, so we thought we’d share them ... Read more
DREAM ON: Happy Birthday Martin Luther King!
As we celebrate Martin Luther King Jr.’s birthday, we are reminded of his dream…and the American dream. His dream was not only of equality, but of non-violence. He said, “returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars.” His dream was the fulfillment of our country’s promise not ... Read more
WORKED TO DEATH: Chinese Workers’ Suicide
Foxconn Technology Group, a major manufacturer of iPhones and Dell computers in China, is under scrutiny for abusive working conditions. There have been 12 suicides at its factories this year. Workers have been working overtime shifts of 35 hours at a pay of thirty-one cents an hour and living in dormitories housing up to 10 ... Read more
- Home Sweet Home
- NEWS BLOG
- About O-MAMA
- omama: HA - totally agree! Sounds like you have the best...
- Debomama: I love you, BookMAMA! Both of my kids have phones...
- momof3: I'm concerned that dropping bombs is going to kil...
- ljbonilla2: I love books! I am a writer & author. Visit my...
- jeepgirl49: I think the key to the whole immigration issue is ...
- MARRIAGE VOWS: Gay Marriage Ban Ruled Unconstitutional August 5, 2010
- BORN IN THE USA: Obama Birther Non-Sense April 19, 2011
- MOUTHS WIDE OPEN: Supreme Court Upholds Free Speech March 3, 2011
- AMAZING RACE: President Announces Education Winners August 25, 2010
- LABOR PAINS: Labor Union Protests in Wisconsin August 9, 2011
- MAJORITY RULES: What’s Your Mommy Governing Style? October 3, 2014
- THREE CHEERS FOR THE RED, WHITE AND BLUE: Celebrating 4th of July June 26, 2014
- SPRING TRAINING: Taking The Steam Out Of TEEN SEX April 20, 2014
- DOUBLE MEANING: Celebrate Easter and Spring April 1, 2014
- FEATHERING OUR NESTS: O-MAMA’s Perspective on SPRING CLEANING April 1, 2014
Follow @OMAMA2009 on Twitter
I hope that the opening of the museum and the advancement of the project, gives our nation some light in all the darkness that has surrounded us since 9/11 and is a symbol of promise for a brighter tomorrow. Today, I'm remembering all that has been lost…and all that we still have. God bless MAMAS. Kiss your kids.