How many of our kids wear hoodies in the rain? How many of our kids get shot because they are wearing hoodies in the rain? Well, at least one…this week. America is scratching its collective head over the shooting of 17-year-old Trayvon Martin. The Florida teen was walking back to a friend’s house with a bag ... Read more
What do you want to chat about?Add Comment
Most Recent Post:
Here’s a nifty idea for a new vanity plate,”KKKROX”…it’ll go so well on my new Ku Klux Klan commemorative license?#@*! ! Oh, boy, what an absurd idea.! The Mississippi legislature proposed a special Nathan Bedford Forrest tag, the first grand wizard of the KKK (and Forrest Gump’s namesake). When pressed to denounce the action, Governor ... Read more
No, nobody’s burning crosses on lawns in Mississippi, but we might have to hold Haley Barbour’s feet to the fire on this one! The Governor of Mississippi and potential Republican Presidential candidate, Haley Barbour, told the Weekly Standard of the Jim Crow days that he doesn’t “remember it as being that bad.” He also said ... Read more
New York city cab driver, Ahmed Sharif , was stabbed by a passenger who first asked him if he was a Muslim. When the driver, who is from Bangladesh, said yes, 21-year old, Michael Enright, attacked him with a knife. The cabby locked his attacker in the back seat and the man was apprehended and ... Read more
Dr. Laura Schlessinger made a public apology in response to her on-air “N” word rant last week. Dr Laura used the “N” word 11 times during an on-air conversation with a caller Schlessinger described as “hypersensitive” to race. Dr. Laura wrote on her website that she was using the “N” word to make a philosophical ... Read more
Conservative New York Times columnist Maureen Dowd wrote a provocative Op-ED piece on race relations in the White House, citing the irony of having a black president who lacks a connection with central African-American culture. She points out that the administration continues to trip over race instead of embracing it, citing the Sherrod situation as ... Read more
The National Tea Party Federation, an organization that seeks to represent the Tea Party political movement around the country, has expelled Tea Party activist Mark Williams and his Tea Party Express organization. Responding to an NAACP resolution that called on Tea Party leaders to crack down on racist elements in the movement, Williams posted an ... Read more
- Home Sweet Home
- NEWS BLOG
- About O-MAMA
- omama: HA - totally agree! Sounds like you have the best...
- Debomama: I love you, BookMAMA! Both of my kids have phones...
- momof3: I'm concerned that dropping bombs is going to kil...
- ljbonilla2: I love books! I am a writer & author. Visit my...
- jeepgirl49: I think the key to the whole immigration issue is ...
- MARRIAGE VOWS: Gay Marriage Ban Ruled Unconstitutional August 5, 2010
- BORN IN THE USA: Obama Birther Non-Sense April 19, 2011
- MOUTHS WIDE OPEN: Supreme Court Upholds Free Speech March 3, 2011
- AMAZING RACE: President Announces Education Winners August 25, 2010
- LABOR PAINS: Labor Union Protests in Wisconsin August 9, 2011
- MAJORITY RULES: What’s Your Mommy Governing Style? October 3, 2014
- THREE CHEERS FOR THE RED, WHITE AND BLUE: Celebrating 4th of July June 26, 2014
- SPRING TRAINING: Taking The Steam Out Of TEEN SEX April 20, 2014
- DOUBLE MEANING: Celebrate Easter and Spring April 1, 2014
- FEATHERING OUR NESTS: O-MAMA’s Perspective on SPRING CLEANING April 1, 2014
Follow @OMAMA2009 on Twitter