We’ve found another O-MAMA! Shayne Moore is a soccer mom who is making a difference by getting out of her suburban American comfort zone and taking her “mom heart” global. We interviewed her on our radio show and she is one smart and motivated MAMA! She knows that, “real change happens right where we are.” ... Read more
Friday, March 24, 2023Click to read momism & share your opinionClick to read momism & share your opinionClick to read momism & share your opinion
This is a forum to discuss POVERTY in a constructive way. Please share your opinions, and links to other resources, to help us figure out this important "hot button" issue.
What do you want to chat about?Add Comment
Most Recent Post:
GOOOOAAALLLL!: O-MAMA Interviews Global Soccer Mom Fighting Poverty & AIDS
Posted By omama on March 21, 2011
IN THE POOR HOUSE: U.S. Poverty Rate Jumps
Posted By omama on September 13, 2010
According to the 2009 U.S. census data reported by the Associated Press, about one in seven Americans now lives below the poverty line. That’s about 15% of the population, up from 13.2% in 2008. This number is the largest one-year hike in number of poor since 1959. President Obama responded in a press conference by ... Read more
A HEAVY CROSS: A Letter From Shirley Sherrod
Posted By omama on August 17, 2010
A Letter From Shirley Sherrod, distributed by the NAACP: Back in March, I delivered a speech to an NAACP Freedom Fund banquet in my home state of Georgia. I drew on my personal life story to urge poor people, white and black, to pull together and overcome racial divisions. We have to understand that our ... Read more
- Home Sweet Home
- NEWS BLOG
- About O-MAMA
- omama: HA - totally agree! Sounds like you have the best...
- Debomama: I love you, BookMAMA! Both of my kids have phones...
- momof3: I'm concerned that dropping bombs is going to kil...
- ljbonilla2: I love books! I am a writer & author. Visit my...
- jeepgirl49: I think the key to the whole immigration issue is ...
- MARRIAGE VOWS: Gay Marriage Ban Ruled Unconstitutional August 5, 2010
- BORN IN THE USA: Obama Birther Non-Sense April 19, 2011
- MOUTHS WIDE OPEN: Supreme Court Upholds Free Speech March 3, 2011
- AMAZING RACE: President Announces Education Winners August 25, 2010
- LABOR PAINS: Labor Union Protests in Wisconsin August 9, 2011
- MAJORITY RULES: What’s Your Mommy Governing Style? October 3, 2014
- THREE CHEERS FOR THE RED, WHITE AND BLUE: Celebrating 4th of July June 26, 2014
- SPRING TRAINING: Taking The Steam Out Of TEEN SEX April 20, 2014
- DOUBLE MEANING: Celebrate Easter and Spring April 1, 2014
- FEATHERING OUR NESTS: O-MAMA’s Perspective on SPRING CLEANING April 1, 2014
Follow @OMAMA2009 on Twitter
I am really enjoying the interesting, smart and engaged moms you are introducing us to – between the Hot moms and the interviews – I think you are on to something. Moms do impact the world and it's inspiring to hear the stories of how we are doing it – big and small. Thank you.