Connor Brantley is changing the world by changing the face of politics, although, he’s more likely to be using pimple cream than shaving cream on his! This 14-year-old spicy Texan founded “United Now,” a political group with the goal of, “ending the partisan divide and showing that you are never too young to be involved ...
Most Recent Post:
DECEMBER 2012 KID-O CHANGING THE WORLD: Politi-Kid Connor Brantley
ELECTION HANGOVER: Obama Wins, Waiting On Florida
Michelle and Deb are tired. Michelle is elated, Deb is deflated. Life goes on. What lessons can be learned from this election cycle, MAMAs? Now that the country has sobered up, how does our country move forward together from here?
“The Voice of Reason”: Opinionated MAMA’s Perspective on the SOCIAL & POLITICAL ISSUES of Our Times
Originally posted 9/12/09, given the political climate, we thought our very first opinion piece was relevant this week: “Listen to your mother!” We’ve all heard it a million times….it’s an effective reminder that makes kids sit up a little straighter and pay attention. Yep, it’s true, kids need constant reminders on how to behave, but ... Read more
PRE-ELECTION SMACK DOWN: Tips for keeping civics civilized
Conversations around the dinner table are heating up and coffee talk with the girls has a political bent these days, so how do we avoid having a smack down over the election? It isn’t always easy, but here are a few tips from friends with differing opinions on the race: 1. Talk the talk. Sometimes, ... Read more
MOTHER’S MILK OF POLITICS: How much money does it take to win an election?
Mitt is it! It’s official. Mitt got enough delegate votes to be the GOP nominee, and the spending race has begun. As we watch the candidates trash each other, inquiring minds want to know…how much money does it take to win an election? Can money really buy everything, including the Oval Office? What motherly advice do ... Read more
RAUCUS CAUCUS: Rick N Romney Tie In Iowa Caucus
Mitt Romney and Rick Santorum tied in the Iowa caucus (technically Romney won by 8 votes), proving that there is no set formula for effective political campaigning state to state. Romney spent a boatload of money in Iowa, while Santorum saved his bucks and rode around in a pick up truck glad handing Iowans and winning ... Read more
PLAY NICE: Playground Politics Video
MAMAs know good and bad behavior when we see it. The expectations we have for our politicians are not very high. How about they just behave themselves as well as an average five-year-old? Our kids know that the consequences of misbehaving on the playground is that they’ll have to pack up their toys and go home! ... Read more
WEEKLY POLL: MAMAS, who do you think will be the next GOP candidate?
The field is pretty big – 8 current GOP candidates. So, who do you think will be the republican nominee? Please take the weekly poll and share your opinion with just a click. Please visit the REPUBLICAN MAMAS room to read about each of the candidates and share your opinions. MOMism: ”If you can’t be ... Read more
BILLS TO PAY: GOP’s New Anti-Abortion Laws
Republicans took over the House with a battle cry about jobs, the deficit and lower taxes. Their talking points were super focused. So, since they came to power in January, they have been working on…wait for it…wait for it…multiple bills restricting abortion. Why are we playing abortion politics today? 14 million people are unemployed and ... Read more
MONEY CHANGES EVERYTHING: Do you think money corrupts our politics?
We hate it when people whine about things, but don’t do anything to actually solve the problem, right MAMAS? Well, Dylan Ratigan is on mission to get money out of politics (#getmoneyout) and he’s using his tv megaphone to do it. So, we’re wondering if it’s just the price of doing business in Washington or ... Read more
- Home Sweet Home
- NEWS BLOG
- About O-MAMA
- omama: HA - totally agree! Sounds like you have the best...
- Debomama: I love you, BookMAMA! Both of my kids have phones...
- momof3: I'm concerned that dropping bombs is going to kil...
- ljbonilla2: I love books! I am a writer & author. Visit my...
- jeepgirl49: I think the key to the whole immigration issue is ...
- MARRIAGE VOWS: Gay Marriage Ban Ruled Unconstitutional August 5, 2010
- BORN IN THE USA: Obama Birther Non-Sense April 19, 2011
- MOUTHS WIDE OPEN: Supreme Court Upholds Free Speech March 3, 2011
- AMAZING RACE: President Announces Education Winners August 25, 2010
- LABOR PAINS: Labor Union Protests in Wisconsin August 9, 2011
- MAJORITY RULES: What’s Your Mommy Governing Style? October 3, 2014
- THREE CHEERS FOR THE RED, WHITE AND BLUE: Celebrating 4th of July June 26, 2014
- SPRING TRAINING: Taking The Steam Out Of TEEN SEX April 20, 2014
- DOUBLE MEANING: Celebrate Easter and Spring April 1, 2014
- FEATHERING OUR NESTS: O-MAMA’s Perspective on SPRING CLEANING April 1, 2014
Follow @OMAMA2009 on Twitter
What a wonderful son!