My mom used to call it “the real mother’s day.” The first day of school! The day we reclaim our homes and lives from 8am to 3pm or thereabouts. O-MAMA is begging you to resist the urge to feel badly about being happy that the kiddo’s are out of our hair until next summer vacation. ... Read more
What do you want to chat about?Add Comment
Most Recent Post:
BACK TO NORMAL: School Starts
ROWLING OVER: July Book Review For Kid-O’s
UPDATE 7/7/11- The final Harry Potter movie,”Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows, Part 2,” is set to debut in the United States on July 15. The series might be over, but fans can still get their fix on the worlds #1 Harry Potter site, www.mugglenet.com. And never fear, Book MAMA suggests a new book for ... Read more
PLAYING HOUSE: Breast Feeding Baby Doll
There’s a new doll out to teach young girls how to breastfeed babies. Bebe Gloton comes with a halter top with flower shaped “nipples” that girls put on when they want to “feed” their baby. The doll makes crying and sucking noises. The Spanish toy maker, Berjuan, says that it’s “healthy fun,” for girls ... Read more
LOST AND FOUND: A Mom Leaves Her Kids & Finds Motherhood
For a woman to admit that she never wanted to be a mother is a big deal. For a mother to leave her children with their father for an extended period of time to pursue her career is also a big deal. This mother did both. Rahna Reiko Rizzuto won a grant to go to ... Read more
READ AND WEEP:”Blessings of a B-”
Someone who has teenagers asked me the other day if I’d rather catch one of my kids smoking pot or having sex. I said smoking pot—because I have daughters I guess, and I’m Catholic and kind-of a hippie but then I thought, Good Christ, can’t we just do neither? No, of course not. And the ... Read more
PINKY SWEAR PROMISE: O-MAMA’s Pledge To America’s Kids
Yep, with all the talk of the Republican’s Pledge To America, Opinionated MAMA has come up with our own pledge…it’s a non-partisian “pinky swear” kind of PLEDGE TO AMERICA’s KIDS to do the best we can by our KID-Os, because even with junk all over our car and food on our clothes, we still manage ... Read more
CROUCHING TIGER, HIDDEN DRAGON: New Book About “Superiority” Of Chinese MAMAs
Amy Chua’s book,“Battle Hymn of the Tiger Mother,“ is causing the hair to stand up on the backs of moms across the animal kingdom. (Bad visual, we know YOU don’t have a hairy back.) But, she writes about how Asian mothers raise successful children. And, yes, she basically says that Chinese moms are the BEST in ... Read more
- Home Sweet Home
- NEWS BLOG
- About O-MAMA
- omama: HA - totally agree! Sounds like you have the best...
- Debomama: I love you, BookMAMA! Both of my kids have phones...
- momof3: I'm concerned that dropping bombs is going to kil...
- ljbonilla2: I love books! I am a writer & author. Visit my...
- jeepgirl49: I think the key to the whole immigration issue is ...
- MARRIAGE VOWS: Gay Marriage Ban Ruled Unconstitutional August 5, 2010
- BORN IN THE USA: Obama Birther Non-Sense April 19, 2011
- MOUTHS WIDE OPEN: Supreme Court Upholds Free Speech March 3, 2011
- AMAZING RACE: President Announces Education Winners August 25, 2010
- LABOR PAINS: Labor Union Protests in Wisconsin August 9, 2011
- MAJORITY RULES: What’s Your Mommy Governing Style? October 3, 2014
- THREE CHEERS FOR THE RED, WHITE AND BLUE: Celebrating 4th of July June 26, 2014
- SPRING TRAINING: Taking The Steam Out Of TEEN SEX April 20, 2014
- DOUBLE MEANING: Celebrate Easter and Spring April 1, 2014
- FEATHERING OUR NESTS: O-MAMA’s Perspective on SPRING CLEANING April 1, 2014
Follow @OMAMA2009 on Twitter
HELLO SWEETIE, MY 2 SONS JOE 42 YRS. OLD & FRED 33 YRS. OLD, STILL KNOW THE BUTTONS FROM THEIR YOUTH TO DRIVE EACH OTHER CRAZY! LOL I WAS ALWAYS THE “BUMPER” NOW I JUST LET THEM KNOW, I DO NOT SEE WELL NOR HEAR WELL NOW! NO FUN IF MOM CAN NOT RESPOND ANYMORE! LOL OH THEY STILL DO TRY TO GET MY ATTENTION, ” I AM JUST MUCH BETTER AT HOLDING BACK LAUGHING NOW!” ESPECIALLY AS I DO HEAR & SEE MOST OF WHAT IS GOING ON! LOL GOTTA LOVE YOUR CHILDREN, EVEN GROWN UP! THEY STILL CARRY THEIR ” DRIVE MOM CRAZY” ANTICS THROUGH THE YEARS! PLEASE BE KIND TO YOURSELF ALWAYS! LOVE AND BIG WARM HUGS, barbie XXXOOO