Want to know how to raise fiscally responsible Kid-O’s? We went on The Balancing Act on Lifetime TV and shared some tips on how to “Spend, Save and Share.” Check it out MAMAs and let us know your opinion on Piggy Bank Economics.
What do you want to chat about?Add Comment
Most Recent Post:
Our tax rates are all over the board. We think we have the tax brackets dialed in, but we don’t really know what anyone else is paying Uncle Sam these days. It seems kind of random, like we’re paying what we’re supposed to, but everyone knows some secret to paying less?! We have progressive tax ... Read more
MAMAS looking for flexible full-time or part-time work, we’ve found a business opportunity for you! We’re calling it “arise and shine.” (-: There are so many things that MAMAs are good at…we are problem solvers…quick on our feet and super at selling kids things they should eat. Translation: MAMAs are good at customer service, tech ... Read more
Originally posted 6/9: We all know about debt. We know it’s bad, and we try to run our lives without incurring a lot of it. Sometimes we do, but we try not to. We try to only accrue debt for the big stuff – buying a house, a car, college tuition – that improves the ... Read more
UPDATE 7/1/11- Dominique Strauss-Kahn has been released from house arrest, because the credibilty of the maid who accused him of raping her has been damaged. Apparently, evidence suggests that there was a “sexual encounter” between the two, but because she invented a story about being gang raped in order to gain political asylum in the ... Read more
Did you know about a half a million children have their identities stolen every year? Thieves use the credit identities of babies and children (i.e., their social security numbers) to get cash and take out loans. Big loans. Banks are not required to cross reference the information they are given, which makes it easy for ... Read more
Roll the dice…shuffle the deck…let the games in D.C. begin at our expense! What exactly happens when the government shuts down? Does the mail stop? Do the schools shut down? Do police and firefighters show up for work? Do the wars end? No – all of that will still go on. So, do seniors still ... Read more
Wanna know what all of the pieces to our national budget are? Click to see an interactive version of the proposed 2012 federal budget. Are you surprised by what we actually spend money on? Did you think we spent more or less in certain areas? Where do you think we should cut back?
This little piggy went wee wee wee all the way home! Americans are saving money again. The Washington Post reports that Americans are paying down debts and boosting personal savings more quickly than expected. Why is that news? Well, other than just showing that we learned our lesson from Mother Goose, it means that we’ll ... Read more
We love the middle ground, right MAMAs? It’s where we can meet and find solutions. Not everyone ends up totally satisfied, but at least something gets done. In the real world, this might be true, but let’s see if it works in Washington. The President has backed his budget out of the garage today to ... Read more
- Home Sweet Home
- NEWS BLOG
- About O-MAMA
- omama: HA - totally agree! Sounds like you have the best...
- Debomama: I love you, BookMAMA! Both of my kids have phones...
- momof3: I'm concerned that dropping bombs is going to kil...
- ljbonilla2: I love books! I am a writer & author. Visit my...
- jeepgirl49: I think the key to the whole immigration issue is ...
- MARRIAGE VOWS: Gay Marriage Ban Ruled Unconstitutional August 5, 2010
- BORN IN THE USA: Obama Birther Non-Sense April 19, 2011
- MOUTHS WIDE OPEN: Supreme Court Upholds Free Speech March 3, 2011
- AMAZING RACE: President Announces Education Winners August 25, 2010
- LABOR PAINS: Labor Union Protests in Wisconsin August 9, 2011
- MAJORITY RULES: What’s Your Mommy Governing Style? October 3, 2014
- THREE CHEERS FOR THE RED, WHITE AND BLUE: Celebrating 4th of July June 26, 2014
- SPRING TRAINING: Taking The Steam Out Of TEEN SEX April 20, 2014
- DOUBLE MEANING: Celebrate Easter and Spring April 1, 2014
- FEATHERING OUR NESTS: O-MAMA’s Perspective on SPRING CLEANING April 1, 2014
Follow @OMAMA2009 on Twitter