We found something fun, MAMAs! Each week the Christian Science Monitor publishes a News Quiz. If you’ve been following the latest stories, have no fear – you’ll get high marks. If you’ve been helping with homework instead of reading the newspaper or O-MAMA this week, the quiz will get you up to speed. Enjoy!
What do you want to chat about?Add Comment
Most Recent Post:
ARE YOU IN THE KNOW?: Take The Weekly News Quiz
BALANCING IT ALL: O-MAMAs On “The Balancing Act” On Lifetime
The Balancing Act is tuned-in to America’s moms, so we need to tune-in on Tuesday, January 31st from 7-8 am to hear what YOU have to say about navigating the Playground of Politics. Yep, this is when you may make your TV debut! If you sent us a video clip or ran into us in a ... Read more
HACK JOURNALISM: News Of The World Scandal
UPDATE 7/19: Rupert and James Murdoch’s testimony in front of the British Parliament was suspended after a man got within 18 inches of Murdoch with a cream-filled pie. Murdoch’s wife, Wendi, jumped to her husband’s aid and punched the assailant. DANG Wendi – you go MAMA! UPDATE 7/18: News of the World phone hacking whistle blower ... Read more
SHOCKING PINK: J.Crew Boy’s Polish Photo
The new J.Crew catalogue has a picture of the company’s creative director, Jenna Lyons, painting her son’s toenails pink. Beckett is five, and apparently likes the color. The photo is seen by some as a sweet mother-son moment, and by others as dipping its toe into parental support of transgendered children?! The media went into ... Read more
ON O-MAMA RADIO: “Beck, Budgets and the Birds and the Bees”
Today at 12 pm PST, we’ll be talking about BECK, BUDGETS and the BIRDS & THE BEES. The MOMism of the day for all three is “honesty is the best policy!” If you want to share your opinions, give us a buzz at 818/514-1016 or, just click link and listen to Kitchen Table Talk on ... Read more
LOSING THE PLOT: CBS Cancels Production on Two and a Half Men
UPDATE: 3/7 Warner Brothers Television announced it has fired actor Charlie Sheen from the CBS sitcom “Two and a Half Men.” ———————————————————— What happens when the highest paid actor on TV goes on a rant about his boss and Thomas Jefferson? Lots of people lose their jobs! Bad boy, Charlie Sheen and star of Two ... Read more
THANKS MOM: Oscar Celebrates MAMAs
The King’s Speech won the night and it’s Academy Award Winning director, Tom Hooper, gave all the credit to his MAMA who found the movie for him. “The moral of the story,” he said, is “listen to your mother.” Hooper wasn’t the only one who gave props to mom. Best Supporting Actress for her role ... Read more
BYE BYE BIG BIRD-IE: PBS Funding Cuts
Not to freak everyone out, but people are waving “Save Sesame Street” signs around town. Granted, not Tahir square level freak out, but for the United States, it’s strange. Congress has put forth a budget that will cut spending…including PBS where Sesame Street airs. What an Oscar the Grouch-like Congress! Super sad, since public television ... Read more
AD-NASEUM: Best And Worst Superbowl Ads
So, MAMAs, one of our very fav parts of the Superbowl are the commercials (and the snacks, of course)! We love all the background stories about the players…the sappier and more mom-related the better. We loved seeing a great game with two super teams. That being said, we are still obsessing about the ads. Michelle ... Read more
BALANCING ACT: LifeTime’s Balance Your Life Magazine
Want some advice? Yah, yah…we’re good, but sometimes we need some tips on balancing it all! Balance Your Life Magazine has put together a great resource for women on everything from “10 Funny Ways To Lose Weight and Get Fit” to “Easy Ways To Green Your Routine.” Not to mention, O-MAMA’s insights on pages 30 ... Read more
- Home Sweet Home
- NEWS BLOG
- About O-MAMA
- omama: HA - totally agree! Sounds like you have the best...
- Debomama: I love you, BookMAMA! Both of my kids have phones...
- momof3: I'm concerned that dropping bombs is going to kil...
- ljbonilla2: I love books! I am a writer & author. Visit my...
- jeepgirl49: I think the key to the whole immigration issue is ...
- MARRIAGE VOWS: Gay Marriage Ban Ruled Unconstitutional August 5, 2010
- BORN IN THE USA: Obama Birther Non-Sense April 19, 2011
- MOUTHS WIDE OPEN: Supreme Court Upholds Free Speech March 3, 2011
- AMAZING RACE: President Announces Education Winners August 25, 2010
- LABOR PAINS: Labor Union Protests in Wisconsin August 9, 2011
- MAJORITY RULES: What’s Your Mommy Governing Style? October 3, 2014
- THREE CHEERS FOR THE RED, WHITE AND BLUE: Celebrating 4th of July June 26, 2014
- SPRING TRAINING: Taking The Steam Out Of TEEN SEX April 20, 2014
- DOUBLE MEANING: Celebrate Easter and Spring April 1, 2014
- FEATHERING OUR NESTS: O-MAMA’s Perspective on SPRING CLEANING April 1, 2014
Follow @OMAMA2009 on Twitter
What was your favorite MOMent of the Oscars?