We are a nation of pilgrims. Unless you are a Native American Indian, you have the blood of immigrants. So, although you feel like a native, your family came here from somewhere else. Our individual immigration stories give credence to the fact that we are the scrappiest, hardest-working collection of people on the planet. Our ... Read more
What do you want to chat about?Add Comment
Most Recent Post:
Not such a sweet state for illegal immigrants. Alabama’s Governor, Robert Bentley, signed a law which will crackdown on illegal immigrants in the state. The Alabama measure is modeled after the recent Arizona law, and Bentley claims it will withstand any legal challenges brought by civil liberties groups who try to block it. The legislation ... Read more
UPDATE 12/18: Dreams crushed in the Senate today as DREAM Act did not pass cloture (55 voted for, 41 voted against) – needed super majority to go to up or down vote. Original post 12/9 – The immigration drama continues! In the news, the possible passage of The Dream Act that would allow children of illegal immigrants ... Read more
California Republican gubernatorial candidate Meg Whitman, has been accused by her ex-housekeeper and nanny, Nicky Diaz, of knowingly hiring her and employing her for 9 years, even though she was an undocumented worker. Gloria Allred is representing Diaz in the case that alleges that Whitman did not pay her for all of the hours she ... Read more
In Sunday talk, former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin appeared on Fox News, and claimed, “Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer has the ‘cojones’ that President Obama does not have to take on illegal immigration.” This comment follows the Wednesday injunction granted by U.S. District Judge Susan Bolton to block the most controversial provisions of Arizona’s recently passed ... Read more
Senator Lindsay Graham (R-SC) and Senator John Kyl (R-AZ), are urging Congress to hold hearings on the validity of the 14th Amendment, and it’s relationship to current Immigration legislation. The 14th Amendment was ratified in 1868 to ensure that states could not deny citizenship to former slaves. It states…. “All persons born or naturalized in ... Read more
- Home Sweet Home
- NEWS BLOG
- About O-MAMA
- omama: HA - totally agree! Sounds like you have the best...
- Debomama: I love you, BookMAMA! Both of my kids have phones...
- momof3: I'm concerned that dropping bombs is going to kil...
- ljbonilla2: I love books! I am a writer & author. Visit my...
- jeepgirl49: I think the key to the whole immigration issue is ...
- MARRIAGE VOWS: Gay Marriage Ban Ruled Unconstitutional August 5, 2010
- BORN IN THE USA: Obama Birther Non-Sense April 19, 2011
- MOUTHS WIDE OPEN: Supreme Court Upholds Free Speech March 3, 2011
- AMAZING RACE: President Announces Education Winners August 25, 2010
- LABOR PAINS: Labor Union Protests in Wisconsin August 9, 2011
- MAJORITY RULES: What’s Your Mommy Governing Style? October 3, 2014
- THREE CHEERS FOR THE RED, WHITE AND BLUE: Celebrating 4th of July June 26, 2014
- SPRING TRAINING: Taking The Steam Out Of TEEN SEX April 20, 2014
- DOUBLE MEANING: Celebrate Easter and Spring April 1, 2014
- FEATHERING OUR NESTS: O-MAMA’s Perspective on SPRING CLEANING April 1, 2014
Follow @OMAMA2009 on Twitter