Four of five sisters separated in the 1950s have found each other at last, but they are still looking for their “missing” fifth. The four women, who all live in Louisiana, have been reunited after one of them, Betty Williams, began her search. They are trying to get the word out so they can find their fifth ... Read more
Saturday, June 03, 2023Click to read momism & share your opinion
This is a forum to discuss HEROES in a constructive way. Please share your opinions, and links to other resources, to help us figure out this important "hot button" issue.
What do you want to chat about?Add Comment
Most Recent Post:
FAMILY REUNION: Shreveport Woman’s Search For Sister Continues
Posted By omama on July 15, 2010
« Previous 1 2
- Home Sweet Home
- NEWS BLOG
- About O-MAMA
- omama: HA - totally agree! Sounds like you have the best...
- Debomama: I love you, BookMAMA! Both of my kids have phones...
- momof3: I'm concerned that dropping bombs is going to kil...
- ljbonilla2: I love books! I am a writer & author. Visit my...
- jeepgirl49: I think the key to the whole immigration issue is ...
- MARRIAGE VOWS: Gay Marriage Ban Ruled Unconstitutional August 5, 2010
- BORN IN THE USA: Obama Birther Non-Sense April 19, 2011
- MOUTHS WIDE OPEN: Supreme Court Upholds Free Speech March 3, 2011
- AMAZING RACE: President Announces Education Winners August 25, 2010
- LABOR PAINS: Labor Union Protests in Wisconsin August 9, 2011
- MAJORITY RULES: What’s Your Mommy Governing Style? October 3, 2014
- THREE CHEERS FOR THE RED, WHITE AND BLUE: Celebrating 4th of July June 26, 2014
- SPRING TRAINING: Taking The Steam Out Of TEEN SEX April 20, 2014
- DOUBLE MEANING: Celebrate Easter and Spring April 1, 2014
- FEATHERING OUR NESTS: O-MAMA’s Perspective on SPRING CLEANING April 1, 2014
Follow @OMAMA2009 on Twitter
I agree that our public servants are HEROES. Hopefully, they run for office for the noblest of reasons, like Gabby Giffords. But, what I realize is that there are heroes among us, too. Unsung heroes that are willing to rush to the aid of our loved ones, neighbors and strangers. It makes me very proud of who we are as Americans. We have seen so much ugliness in the past few years, it is humbling and inspiring to see so much goodness, too. We ALL need to take responsibility for our words/actions and start behaving like grown ups, so we don't need a babysitter! We are so lucky to have a government that works for us – it's not perfect, but we elect people to serve the people. It really is amazing when you compare to other systems around the world.