Question: Who doesn’t know that fast food is bad for you? Really, do we have to rely on some report to tell us what we already know? How much money was spent on that one? Oops, we digress….. A new report says that the fast food chains that promised to help fight childhood obesity just ... Read more
What do you want to chat about?Add Comment
Most Recent Post:
Six months ago, the healthcare reform bill was passed and today, September 23rd, some of those stipulations in the Patient’s Bill Of Rights go into effect. People with insurance through their jobs will not be effected by the laws until their employer renews their plan, which most do annually on January 1st. Companies and individuals ... Read more
The northeastern United States and Canada have seen a new outbreak of bedbugs, suggesting that they are resistant to pesticides used to kill them. Bedbugs live in hotels, movie theaters, taxis, clothing stores and military barracks and more. Chicago has the fifth highest bed bug problem in the nation, and is hosting the first ever ... Read more
Washington D.C.’s HIV/AIDS rates are the highest in the country, according to the D.C. HIV/AIDS Administration. At least 3% of residents are infected, which translates to 1 in 10 people between the ages of 40 and 49. The rate puts the city on par with countries in West Africa. A new film has been released, ... Read more
New research from the Center of Disease Control and Prevention shows that 1 in 5 teenagers suffers from some type of hearing loss. This statistic is up 31% from the mid-90’s, pointing to a concerning trend that may be attributed to headphones. Furthermore, an Australian study of kids with mild to moderate hearing loss found ... Read more
The Daily Beast reports that seafood from the Gulf of Mexico is safe to eat. After conducting an independent research study, findings show that seafood from the Gulf was similar to samples taken from the Atlantic. A cross section of Gulf seafood, including red grouper, jumbo shrimp, and crabmeat, were tested for oil and chemical ... Read more
According to researchers at Michigan State, children are being misdiagnosed with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, because they are the youngest in their class. Kids with late birthdays are 60% more likely to be diagnosed with ADHD than their older classmates. It is estimated that as many as 1 million children may be misdiagnosed with ADHD. ... Read more
The first test-tube baby gave birth to her very own baby this week. New mommy Elizabeth Comeau was, herself, the very first child born in the United States through IVF (in-vitro fertilization) in 1981. She instantly became the most photographed and written about baby in the U.S. She quips that her first press conference was ... Read more
Supermodel and new mom Gisele Bundchen, 30, told the UK’s Harper’s Bazaar Magazine “There should be a worldwide law, that mothers should breastfeed their babies for six months. Are you going to give chemical food to your child, when they are so little?” There was an immediate backlash to her remarks, including UsMagazine.com who claims ... Read more
First Lady, Michelle Obama, is fighting childhood obesity by launching the “Let’s Move” effort. The website letsmove.gov gives resources to parents, teachers and communities to help them keep our kids healthy. Resources like a blog, a Facebook page, healthy, affordable meal plans and ideas about how to exercise as a family are included on the ... Read more
- Home Sweet Home
- NEWS BLOG
- About O-MAMA
- omama: HA - totally agree! Sounds like you have the best...
- Debomama: I love you, BookMAMA! Both of my kids have phones...
- momof3: I'm concerned that dropping bombs is going to kil...
- ljbonilla2: I love books! I am a writer & author. Visit my...
- jeepgirl49: I think the key to the whole immigration issue is ...
- MARRIAGE VOWS: Gay Marriage Ban Ruled Unconstitutional August 5, 2010
- BORN IN THE USA: Obama Birther Non-Sense April 19, 2011
- MOUTHS WIDE OPEN: Supreme Court Upholds Free Speech March 3, 2011
- AMAZING RACE: President Announces Education Winners August 25, 2010
- LABOR PAINS: Labor Union Protests in Wisconsin August 9, 2011
- MAJORITY RULES: What’s Your Mommy Governing Style? October 3, 2014
- THREE CHEERS FOR THE RED, WHITE AND BLUE: Celebrating 4th of July June 26, 2014
- SPRING TRAINING: Taking The Steam Out Of TEEN SEX April 20, 2014
- DOUBLE MEANING: Celebrate Easter and Spring April 1, 2014
- FEATHERING OUR NESTS: O-MAMA’s Perspective on SPRING CLEANING April 1, 2014
Follow @OMAMA2009 on Twitter