Monday, September 28, 2020Click to read momism & share your opinionClick to read momism & share your opinionClick to read momism & share your opinionClick to read momism & share your opinionClick to read momism & share your opinionClick to read momism & share your opinionClick to read momism & share your opinionClick to read momism & share your opinionClick to read momism & share your opinionClick to read momism & share your opinion
This is a forum to discuss HEALTH in a constructive way. Please share your opinions, and links to other resources, to help us figure out this important "hot button" issue.
What do you want to chat about?Add Comment
Most Recent Post:
Posted By omama on September 30, 2013
Posted By omama on September 27, 2013
I got the call last week that my grandmother had had a stroke and was in the ER waiting on a room in the neurology unity. To be honest, my first thought was, “Well, that’s it then, it’s the beginning of the end for sure.” She will be 97 in January—so my less than positive ... Read more
Posted By omama on September 12, 2012
Remember the 80’s when we’d slather on Hawaiian Tropic, lie on a sheet of aluminum and bake until bronzed? Of course, that was before we knew about the hole in the ozone layer and melanomas. We all feel a little better with some color, but fake n bake is not okay-the Mayo Clinic says so! New Jersey ... Read more
Posted By Debomama on March 28, 2012
Originally Posted 2/4/11: Does your head hurt? If so, take two aspirin because here we go again…and it’s nearly impossible to follow all of the healthcare ups and downs. Didn’t we already finish with this mess? Not everyone was happy, but at least is was kind of over. Now, all we care about is if my ... Read more
Posted By Debomama on February 27, 2012
Since we are the ones that actually give birth, we thought MAMAs should share their opinions on this hot button issue. The new healthcare law now requires health insurers, not religious employers, to cover birth control prescriptions. Even before the new accommodation, several states already have a similar policy. So, how do you feel about insurance companies being ... Read more
Posted By omama on October 7, 2011
Lady Gaga hasn’t taken over the White House?! It’s pink because it’s breast cancer awareness month. Our KID-Os need us to be healthy, so go get your boobies squeezed MAMAS!!! MOMism: ”Don’t fight like a girl!” We are strong women, so this is a fight we need to win, ladies. We’ve got too much to ... Read more
Posted By omama on August 10, 2011
FIRST GARDEN: THE WHITE HOUSE GARDEN AND HOW IT GREW By Robbin Gourley For the last few weeks my daughter has had the same breakfast every day: a 4 cheese pizza Hot Pocket and a Dove bar. Then she and her sister go to Summer school and I go to work. She has asked me recently ... Read more
Posted By omama on February 19, 2011
MAMAs are having a national debate about breastfeeding…instead of talking about how to lock ‘em down or hoist ‘em up! First Lady and MOM-in-Chief, Michelle Obama, has made it her mission to combat childhood obesity and inform parents about key touch points in a child’s life where healthy choices are important. Point one: breast is ... Read more
Posted By omama on February 4, 2011
Does your head hurt? If so, take two aspirin because here we go again…and it’s really impossible to follow all of the healthcare ups and downs. Didn’t we already finish with this mess? Not everyone was happy, but at least is was kind of over. Now, all I care about is if my health insurance ... Read more
Posted By omama on January 27, 2011
Yummy – salisbury steak, canned peas and tater tots. Brain food? If we want our kids to be the next Bill Gates, the donut and pork rind diet is not going to get that done. An estimated 3 million children live in homes where they frequently skip meals or go without food all day. So, ... Read more
- Home Sweet Home
- NEWS BLOG
- About O-MAMA
- omama: HA - totally agree! Sounds like you have the best...
- Debomama: I love you, BookMAMA! Both of my kids have phones...
- momof3: I'm concerned that dropping bombs is going to kil...
- ljbonilla2: I love books! I am a writer & author. Visit my...
- jeepgirl49: I think the key to the whole immigration issue is ...
- MARRIAGE VOWS: Gay Marriage Ban Ruled Unconstitutional August 5, 2010
- BORN IN THE USA: Obama Birther Non-Sense April 19, 2011
- MOUTHS WIDE OPEN: Supreme Court Upholds Free Speech March 3, 2011
- AMAZING RACE: President Announces Education Winners August 25, 2010
- LABOR PAINS: Labor Union Protests in Wisconsin August 9, 2011
- MAJORITY RULES: What’s Your Mommy Governing Style? October 3, 2014
- THREE CHEERS FOR THE RED, WHITE AND BLUE: Celebrating 4th of July June 26, 2014
- SPRING TRAINING: Taking The Steam Out Of TEEN SEX April 20, 2014
- DOUBLE MEANING: Celebrate Easter and Spring April 1, 2014
- FEATHERING OUR NESTS: O-MAMA’s Perspective on SPRING CLEANING April 1, 2014
Follow @OMAMA2009 on Twitter