Free speech was alive and well in Washington, D.C. as two different public figures held simultaneous rallies. Conservative TV host Glen Beck held a “Restoring Honor” rally on the steps of the Lincoln Memorial on the anniversary of Martin Luther King, Jr’s historic “I Have a Dream “ speech. The rally was attended by tens ... Read more
What do you want to chat about?Add Comment
Most Recent Post:
IT’S AN HONOR:MLK Rallies
TAKE THIS JOB AND SHOVE IT: Sherrod Turns Down Gov’t Job Offer
TAKE THIS JOB AND SHOVE IT: Sherrod Turns Down Gov’t Job Offer Shirley Sherrod has told the USDA that she will not return to work there, even though they offered to reinstate her. She told Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack that she could not accept a job, ”at this point, with all that has happened.” Sherrod ... Read more
SAFE & SECURE: Social Security Celebrates 75th Birthday
August 14th marked the 75th anniversary of Franklin D. Roosevelt’s signing of the Social Security Act. In his weekly national address, President Obama told Americans “I’ll fight with everything I’ve got to stop those who would gamble with your Social Security on Wall Street.” Obama warned that GOP efforts to privatize Social Security would risk ... Read more
THE SUPREMES: Kagan Makes 3 Women Now Serving On High Court
Elena Kagan was confirmed as the Supreme Court’s 112th justice in a 63-37 Senate vote on Thursday. This makes Kagan the 4th woman justice in our history, 3 of whom are currently sitting on the Supreme Court. Chief Justice John Roberts will officially swear in Kagan, Solicitor General and former Dean of Harvard Law School, ... Read more
STILL WATERS: Maxine Waters Ethics Charge
Democratic California Congresswoman, Maxine Waters, has been charged with violating ethics rules by a House panel. The charges against Waters, a 10-term representative, focuses on whether she broke rules in requesting federal help for a bank where her husband was a board member and owned stock. The house ethics committee’s announcement comes just days after ... Read more
“Our Vote is Our Voice”: Opinionated MAMA’s Perspective on the 19th Amendment
Our vote is our voice. So, if you ever think to yourself on voting day that finishing the laundry or staying late at work is more significant to your life than taking time out to visit the polls, well, think again. MAMAs have something to celebrate. August 18th marks the 91st anniversary of the ratification of ... Read more
- Home Sweet Home
- NEWS BLOG
- About O-MAMA
- omama: HA - totally agree! Sounds like you have the best...
- Debomama: I love you, BookMAMA! Both of my kids have phones...
- momof3: I'm concerned that dropping bombs is going to kil...
- ljbonilla2: I love books! I am a writer & author. Visit my...
- jeepgirl49: I think the key to the whole immigration issue is ...
- MARRIAGE VOWS: Gay Marriage Ban Ruled Unconstitutional August 5, 2010
- BORN IN THE USA: Obama Birther Non-Sense April 19, 2011
- MOUTHS WIDE OPEN: Supreme Court Upholds Free Speech March 3, 2011
- AMAZING RACE: President Announces Education Winners August 25, 2010
- LABOR PAINS: Labor Union Protests in Wisconsin August 9, 2011
- MAJORITY RULES: What’s Your Mommy Governing Style? October 3, 2014
- THREE CHEERS FOR THE RED, WHITE AND BLUE: Celebrating 4th of July June 26, 2014
- SPRING TRAINING: Taking The Steam Out Of TEEN SEX April 20, 2014
- DOUBLE MEANING: Celebrate Easter and Spring April 1, 2014
- FEATHERING OUR NESTS: O-MAMA’s Perspective on SPRING CLEANING April 1, 2014
Follow @OMAMA2009 on Twitter
That is EXACTLY what we should do!!! We have to be true to who we are in dealing with HATE in any form – love and reason should always win out.