Majority rules, at least some of the time! As citizens, our vote is our voice and with all the non-sense in Washington, we’re reminded of our important role in the national conversation. Our opinions matter on the issues impacting our nation. Our country is governed based on the fact that we the people are supposed to ... Read more
What do you want to chat about?Add Comment
Most Recent Post:
Yeah, we teach our two year olds to clean up the messes they make, so guess what? We expect our politicians to pull it together and get the job done, too! Unemployment is a mess. The stock market is a mess. Education is a mess. Our infrastructure is a mess. Illegal immigration is a ... Read more
As Congress debates the debt limit, there is talk that Section 4 of the 14th Amendment should be considered as authorization to increase our self-imposed debt limit to pay our bills. What do you think MAMAs? 14th Amendment – Section 4. The validity of the public debt of the United States, authorized by law, including ... Read more
Imagine, as a father, your child goes off to war for your country and comes back in a body bag. Now, imagine grieving friends and family walking into the church for the funeral ceremony, and just 1,000 feet away there are people singing in protest and holding up signs saying: “Thank God for Dead Soldiers,” ... Read more
Healthcare is rearing its head again on the national agenda. But, it is not the benefits of healthcare reform that we are discussing, but the constitutionality of the new law, as it relates to the mandated coverage. The “commerce clause” is what everyone is talking about Article 1, Section 8-3 says: (The Congress shall have ... Read more
In school, it’s all about the seating chart…no one wants to be next to the kid who picks his nose and wipes it under the chair and, yep, that pretty much carries over into adulthood. But it looks like the folks in D.C. are just gonna have to get over it. Hey, be nice, make ... Read more
The 112th session of Congress began today opening “the people’s house” for business in the new year. Republican John Boehner was sworn in as the Speaker of the House and was moved to tears, again. We have to say, there is something sweet and humbling about the emotion he exudes, as long as he doesn’t ... Read more
Remember those folks who came a knockin’ if you didn’t fill in your census? Well, the results of that census are in….and it looks like the Republicans will be the winners. Not literally, but about 6 more Congressional seats will be added to Republican leaning states – in the South and the West. According to ... Read more
President Barak Obama is proposing that building roads and bridges will provide immediate jobs. He is encouraging Congress to allow $50 billion in infrastructure spending to put people back to work. He said that the outdated infrastructure is, ”one of America’s greatest challenges.” He elaborated that America needs to be able to compete in a ... Read more
According to an ABC News exclusive, Elizabeth Warren will be named to a new position: Assistant to the President and Special Adviser to the Secretary of the Treasury on the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau. She came up with the idea for a new consumer protection agency and believes in greater accountability and transparency. Warren is ... Read more
- Home Sweet Home
- NEWS BLOG
- About O-MAMA
- omama: HA - totally agree! Sounds like you have the best...
- Debomama: I love you, BookMAMA! Both of my kids have phones...
- momof3: I'm concerned that dropping bombs is going to kil...
- ljbonilla2: I love books! I am a writer & author. Visit my...
- jeepgirl49: I think the key to the whole immigration issue is ...
- MARRIAGE VOWS: Gay Marriage Ban Ruled Unconstitutional August 5, 2010
- BORN IN THE USA: Obama Birther Non-Sense April 19, 2011
- MOUTHS WIDE OPEN: Supreme Court Upholds Free Speech March 3, 2011
- AMAZING RACE: President Announces Education Winners August 25, 2010
- LABOR PAINS: Labor Union Protests in Wisconsin August 9, 2011
- MAJORITY RULES: What’s Your Mommy Governing Style? October 3, 2014
- THREE CHEERS FOR THE RED, WHITE AND BLUE: Celebrating 4th of July June 26, 2014
- SPRING TRAINING: Taking The Steam Out Of TEEN SEX April 20, 2014
- DOUBLE MEANING: Celebrate Easter and Spring April 1, 2014
- FEATHERING OUR NESTS: O-MAMA’s Perspective on SPRING CLEANING April 1, 2014
Follow @OMAMA2009 on Twitter