How many of us have been asked the questions, “Mommy, which of us is your favorite? Who do you love more?” As parents, we know there is only one answer to questions like these…”We love you all, equally.” The truth is we may love each child equally, but they are not all the same. And, at times, ... Read more
What do you want to chat about?Add Comment
Most Recent Post:
“WE LOVE YOU ALL, EQUALLY”: Opinionated MAMA’s Perspective on GAY RIGHTS
What’s Your O-PINION MAMAs?
COME OUT, COME OUT WHEREVER YOU ARE: Today is National “Coming Out” Day
We can’t lock our kids in closets, literally or figuratively. Today is National Coming Out Day, so if your KID-O decides to step out of the darkness and shares a secret with you today, we hope you take a deep breath and open your arms wide and hug it out!!! They need our unconditional love ... Read more
MOMENT OF TRUTH: DADT Repeal Passes
UPDATED 9/20/11: DADT is officially over. Openly gay service men and women can serve in the US Armed Forces. UPDATED 12/17/10: Final vote on the repeal of “Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell” passed (65-31) today. Original post 11/30/10: The results are in. The Department of Defense’s long awaited study on how repealing “don’t ask, don’t tell” would ... Read more
FOR BETTER OR WORSE: NY Votes On Gay Marriage
Gay marriage is back in the news in NY. Wanna see what we said in 2009? Currently, about 14 million kids have biological gay or lesbian parents. The latest statistics from the U.S. Census (2000) and National Survey of Family Growth (2002) estimate that there are approximately 2 million LGBT people interested in adopting. ... Read more
THE WORD IS OUT: National Coming Out Day
It’s Columbus Day…and National Coming Out Day, as well. For gay, lesbian, bisexual or transgender people, this day celebrates the act of them accepting and sharing their sexual orientation. The day has been celebrated by the gay community since 1988. Recent suicides over anti-gay bullying has made this years’ celebrations in remembrance of the kids ... Read more
MARRIAGE VOWS: Gay Marriage Ban Ruled Unconstitutional
Chief U.S. District Judge Vaughn Walker ruled Wednesday that California’s Proposition 8 ban on same-sex marriage is unconstitutional. This is a major victory for gay-rights advocates, following a 5-month wait for Justice Walker to release his 136-page detailed rejection of Prop 8. Walker argued, ““Banning gay marriage is fundamentally unconstitutional, and violates America’s commitment to ... Read more
- Home Sweet Home
- NEWS BLOG
- About O-MAMA
- omama: HA - totally agree! Sounds like you have the best...
- Debomama: I love you, BookMAMA! Both of my kids have phones...
- momof3: I'm concerned that dropping bombs is going to kil...
- ljbonilla2: I love books! I am a writer & author. Visit my...
- jeepgirl49: I think the key to the whole immigration issue is ...
- MARRIAGE VOWS: Gay Marriage Ban Ruled Unconstitutional August 5, 2010
- BORN IN THE USA: Obama Birther Non-Sense April 19, 2011
- MOUTHS WIDE OPEN: Supreme Court Upholds Free Speech March 3, 2011
- AMAZING RACE: President Announces Education Winners August 25, 2010
- LABOR PAINS: Labor Union Protests in Wisconsin August 9, 2011
- MAJORITY RULES: What’s Your Mommy Governing Style? October 3, 2014
- THREE CHEERS FOR THE RED, WHITE AND BLUE: Celebrating 4th of July June 26, 2014
- SPRING TRAINING: Taking The Steam Out Of TEEN SEX April 20, 2014
- DOUBLE MEANING: Celebrate Easter and Spring April 1, 2014
- FEATHERING OUR NESTS: O-MAMA’s Perspective on SPRING CLEANING April 1, 2014
Follow @OMAMA2009 on Twitter
Our children are gay, our sisters and brothers are gay and our neighbors are gay…it is the reality of our American family. So, if our soldiers are gay and willing to fight and die for our freedoms, I think we should fight for theirs. "We are the land of the FREE because we are the home of the brave." I'm glad that we had brave military commanders, directors and politicians stand up and put an end to this discriminatory law. I am proud that our country can correct it's errors and continue to move forward perfecting our nation and our ideals.