Punxsutwaney Phil saw his shadow…you know what that means? Six more weeks of winter! Oh well…not too bad of a winter at that…we can deal! But why has our winter been so mild? What’s the deal, MAMAs? Is the globe is warming? Enquiring minds want to know! Sure, we know there is a difference between ... Read more
What do you want to chat about?Add Comment
Most Recent Post:
GROUNDHOG DAY AGAIN: Phil Says More Winter
CAN’T FOOL MOTHER NATURE: Prepare For Hurricane Irene
Hurricane Irene is one big MAMA! This gigantic storm is expected to hit the East Coast this weekend and we are encouraging all MAMAs to heed evacuation warnings and be prepared. MAMAs are never without our special, seemingly bottomless “backpack” (designer or not) loaded with everything from retainers to undies, sippy cups to snacks. But, ... Read more
GROUNDHOG DAY AGAIN: Phil Says Early Spring
Punxsutwaney Phil stayed above ground and…you know what that means? Spring will come early. Thank goodness for those Americans living through this terrible of terrible Winters. The groundhog forecasts a little spring in our step…so, we should be thawing out soon! Not a second too soon for those in the Midwest and Northeast who are ... Read more
THE SKY IS FALLING: Thousands Of Birds Drop To Death
Listen to Chicken Little because it’s literally happening! Thousands of birds dropped out of the sky in Arkansas. Three days later, about 500 birds were found dead along a Louisiana highway. And coincidentally, thousands of dead fish have washed up on the beaches in the area. We’ve heard of it raining cats and dogs…but birds ... Read more
STATIC CLING: BP’s “Static Kill” Operation Successful
BP reports that the “static kill” operation that began this week has worked. The plan was intended to permanently plug the Deepwater Horizon Well once and for all. Mud forced down the well overnight has begun to push crude back down to its source for the first time since the rig exploded April 20th. ... Read more
BUBBLING OVER: Kilauea Active
The Hawaiian volcano, Kilauea, began to erupt this week, according to the USGS Hawaiian Volcano Obervatory. The Malema’uma’u crater began to emit sulfer dioxide and it’s lava pond appeared glowing red, and small amounts of lava is flowing. MOMism:”Don’t blow your top.” When the pressure mounts, we have to blow off steam. Mother nature works this way, and ... Read more
CAPPED BABY CAPPED: BP Contains Leak
British Petroleum has capped the well that has been leaking oil into the Gulf of Mexico for 87 days. The cap is a critical move towards sealing off the well, although it does not ensure that the well is permanently capped and work on the two relief wells will continue. The three-ram stacking cap will be ... Read more
- Home Sweet Home
- NEWS BLOG
- About O-MAMA
- omama: HA - totally agree! Sounds like you have the best...
- Debomama: I love you, BookMAMA! Both of my kids have phones...
- momof3: I'm concerned that dropping bombs is going to kil...
- ljbonilla2: I love books! I am a writer & author. Visit my...
- jeepgirl49: I think the key to the whole immigration issue is ...
- MARRIAGE VOWS: Gay Marriage Ban Ruled Unconstitutional August 5, 2010
- BORN IN THE USA: Obama Birther Non-Sense April 19, 2011
- MOUTHS WIDE OPEN: Supreme Court Upholds Free Speech March 3, 2011
- AMAZING RACE: President Announces Education Winners August 25, 2010
- LABOR PAINS: Labor Union Protests in Wisconsin August 9, 2011
- MAJORITY RULES: What’s Your Mommy Governing Style? October 3, 2014
- THREE CHEERS FOR THE RED, WHITE AND BLUE: Celebrating 4th of July June 26, 2014
- SPRING TRAINING: Taking The Steam Out Of TEEN SEX April 20, 2014
- DOUBLE MEANING: Celebrate Easter and Spring April 1, 2014
- FEATHERING OUR NESTS: O-MAMA’s Perspective on SPRING CLEANING April 1, 2014
Follow @OMAMA2009 on Twitter
Thank you for posting this – I'm not in the hurricane zone, but I clicked on the links and am preparing for TORNADOS. We sometimes take it for granted that we'll be fine, but like the saying goes "it's better to be safe, than sorry." Stay safe MAMAs in the path of hurricane Irene – she seems like she is going to be really nasty?!!?