The President addressed students from across the nation, emphasizing once again how important education is for our country. He told our kids not to be nervous about starting school, and not to complain about getting up early to go to school. However the overriding message was about responsibility. Teachers need to push students and parents ... Read more
What do you want to chat about?Add Comment
Most Recent Post:
BACK TO SCHOOL: President Gives Education Speech
OF THEE I SING: Obama’s New Book
According to the Daily Beast, President Obama, who has a three book deal with Random House, will be releasing a children’s book in November. The 40 page, illustrated book entitled Of The I Sing: A Letter to My Daughters, is a compilation of stories about inspirational Americans like George Washington and Georgia O’Keeffe. Proceeds from ... Read more
SMARTY PANTS: More Women Get PhDs Than Men
It’s a first! According to the Washington Post, last year more women earned PhDs. Women’s enrollment in colleges has been on the rise, but now womenare committing to the seven- year process of attaining a PhD. According to studies, however, the busiest academic time can also be the time when women are choosing to have ... Read more
“On Your Mark, Get Set, Go!” : Opinionated MAMA’s Perspective on EDUCATION
Think about when you take your child to the first day of Kindergarten…leaving our precious angels in the capable hands of the teacher who is going to teach them not only “everything [they] need to know,” about life during that foray into their school years, but be there to put a bandage on their scraped knee ... Read more
AMAZING RACE: President Announces Education Winners
TOP OF THE HEAP: Education Reform Prize Winners Named The President announced the winners of his “Race to the Top” education reform competition. Schools across the country initiated education reforms, including new teacher accountability criteria, in an effort to receive part of the $3.4 billion reward, which is part of the stimulus package. The ... Read more
OLDER AND WISER: First Borns Smarter
A research study conducted at Adelphi University, asserts that birth order does indeed make a difference in IQ and personality. First borns are said to be typically smarter, while younger siblings are more outgoing and get better grades. Traditional studies of birth order focused primarily on the parent-child relationship; citing that first borns could credit ... Read more
BRAIN FREEZE: The Case Against Summer Vacation
Time Magazine investigates the “Case Against Summer Vacation” in their August 2nd print edition. They set out to debunk the Tom Sawyer-esque American myth that school is work and summer is play. With a growing world economy, American students will have to compete with children around the world who do not put their brains on ... Read more
- Home Sweet Home
- NEWS BLOG
- About O-MAMA
- omama: HA - totally agree! Sounds like you have the best...
- Debomama: I love you, BookMAMA! Both of my kids have phones...
- momof3: I'm concerned that dropping bombs is going to kil...
- ljbonilla2: I love books! I am a writer & author. Visit my...
- jeepgirl49: I think the key to the whole immigration issue is ...
- MARRIAGE VOWS: Gay Marriage Ban Ruled Unconstitutional August 5, 2010
- BORN IN THE USA: Obama Birther Non-Sense April 19, 2011
- MOUTHS WIDE OPEN: Supreme Court Upholds Free Speech March 3, 2011
- AMAZING RACE: President Announces Education Winners August 25, 2010
- LABOR PAINS: Labor Union Protests in Wisconsin August 9, 2011
- MAJORITY RULES: What’s Your Mommy Governing Style? October 3, 2014
- THREE CHEERS FOR THE RED, WHITE AND BLUE: Celebrating 4th of July June 26, 2014
- SPRING TRAINING: Taking The Steam Out Of TEEN SEX April 20, 2014
- DOUBLE MEANING: Celebrate Easter and Spring April 1, 2014
- FEATHERING OUR NESTS: O-MAMA’s Perspective on SPRING CLEANING April 1, 2014
Follow @OMAMA2009 on Twitter
The Amen comment was to ladynora52.