At work, periodically I get emails that are sent to all faculty and staff alerting us to specific circumstances that may involve a child or his or her family and may affect our interaction with that child. These emails are always highly confidential but often really important and useful. If there is a student acting ... Read more
What do you want to chat about?Add Comment
Most Recent Post:
What Makes You Tic: Book MAMA’s Review for MomsBy: Marc Elliot
The Junkyard Wonders: Book MAMA’s Review For KidsBy: Patricia Polacco
My daughter takes guitar lessons at a groovy little music shop by the beach. Every one of the teachers there is mellow and kind. She’s getting really good. I’m incredibly jealous. Every 3-4 months, they put together a student/teacher concert and perform at the café next door. The teachers accompany the kids. It’s by far ... Read more
The Everything Guide To Study Skills : Book Review For MomsBy: Cynthia C. Muchnick
We love this book, MAMAs…so much so that we interviewed the author, Cindy Muchnick on our radio show! She’s a genius and to get her priceless insights…get the book. We give it the O-MAMA double thumbs up!
The Know-It-All- One Man’s Humble Quest To Become The Smartest Person In The World : BOOK MAMA’s Review For MomsBy: A.J. Jacobs
“I’m curious about everything–even things that don’t interest me.” Alex Trebek There are so many things I love about this book that I don’t even know where to begin. First of all, since it was published 7 years ago, I’m wondering how I missed it, though I did have 2 toddlers at the time, so ... Read more
The Pirate Of Kindergarten : BOOK MAMA’s Review For KidsBy: George Ella Lyon
My daughter got glasses last year. She actually had what we now call an “academic makeover.” She got ear tubes, glasses, and medication and is making some great strides in school now which is exciting though it continues to be a gradual process. More often than not, we take 2 steps forward, 1 step back ... Read more
Before They Were Famous- How Seven Artists Got Their Start : BOOK MAMA’s Review For KidsBy: Rob Raczka
My older daughter was the one I thought was going to be an artist. She was utterly compelled as a toddler and even into her early grades to draw and paint—all the time. I had stacks and stacks of her drawings and various “mixed media” artworks. It was absolutely an every day thing for her…to the point ... Read more
Conversations on Early Childhood Teacher Education : Book Review For MomsBy: Andrew Gibbons and Colin Gibbs
Review from www.childcareexchange.com “This book captures, shares, and sparks the continuation of conversations initiated at the inaugural Working Forum for Teacher Educators in Auckland, New Zealand. Vibrant, challenging, and inspiring conversations at the Working Forum have led to the bringing together of this book with the intention of continuing professional dialogues and of adding voices ... Read more
The Last Time I Saw You : BOOK MAMA’s Review For MomsBy: Elizabeth Berg
Fun, easy read especially for anyone facing anything equal to or beyond a 15th or 20th reunion to either high school or college. I’m 43 and a big reunion-avoider, but I really liked it. My mom is 68 and a dedicated reunion attendee, and she loved it.
- Home Sweet Home
- NEWS BLOG
- About O-MAMA
- omama: HA - totally agree! Sounds like you have the best...
- Debomama: I love you, BookMAMA! Both of my kids have phones...
- momof3: I'm concerned that dropping bombs is going to kil...
- ljbonilla2: I love books! I am a writer & author. Visit my...
- jeepgirl49: I think the key to the whole immigration issue is ...
- MARRIAGE VOWS: Gay Marriage Ban Ruled Unconstitutional August 5, 2010
- BORN IN THE USA: Obama Birther Non-Sense April 19, 2011
- MOUTHS WIDE OPEN: Supreme Court Upholds Free Speech March 3, 2011
- AMAZING RACE: President Announces Education Winners August 25, 2010
- LABOR PAINS: Labor Union Protests in Wisconsin August 9, 2011
- MAJORITY RULES: What’s Your Mommy Governing Style? October 3, 2014
- THREE CHEERS FOR THE RED, WHITE AND BLUE: Celebrating 4th of July June 26, 2014
- SPRING TRAINING: Taking The Steam Out Of TEEN SEX April 20, 2014
- DOUBLE MEANING: Celebrate Easter and Spring April 1, 2014
- FEATHERING OUR NESTS: O-MAMA’s Perspective on SPRING CLEANING April 1, 2014
Follow @OMAMA2009 on Twitter
The Amen comment was to ladynora52.