Carpooling to school would be much more fun in a new car, right? Well, MAMAs, now’s your chance to win a new Suzuki. Our friends at Lifetime’s The Balancing Act are having a Back to School sweepstakes. The grand prize is a Suzuki, but there are other great things to win like 3 nights at ... Read more
What do you want to chat about?Add Comment
Most Recent Post:
One in five of Georgia’s elementary and middle schools has been red flagged on suspicion of cheating on standardized tests. Lots of erased wrong answers were changed to correct ones, which regulators say points to teachers or administrators tampering with answer sheets. Out of the 27 schools flagged, 21 are in the Atlanta district where ... Read more
When your kids go to school every day, they’re safe, right? You pass them off to their teachers, who are in control of the classroom. Well, in Philadelphia, gangs roam the halls and kids are getting beaten up right in front of their teachers?! The Philadelphia Inquirer analyzed and investigated 30,000 seriously violent incidents that ... Read more
They’re heeeerrrrreee! Book MAMA is at it again with her March book reviews. The books look promising, but the reviews are just plain great reading in and of themselves. Don’t miss them! Here are some snippets to entice…. The Pirate of Kindergarten for the KID-Os: “My daughter got glasses last year. She actually had what we ... Read more
We all need to vent – right, MAMAS? Well, a suburban high school English teacher has been suspended with pay after her blog was discovered to contain negative comments about her students. Natalie Munroe is fighting for her job and claiming that her “harmless” blog, which did not name any students, was meant to start ... Read more
The President said let’s fix education, and darned if the tool belts didn’t get strapped on! It started with a little cooperation between a Republican and an Independent, no less. Republican John Boehner and Independent Joe Leiberman want to rebuild the defunct voucher program, D.C. echoing a nationwide push to improve our children’s education. Boehner ... Read more
We need to do our homework, MAMAs. Our KID-Os are missing the mark, so we need to be sure they know their three Rs. The OECD Programme for International Student Assesment’s report ranks the U.S. at 14th out of 34 countries in reading, 17th for science and 25th for mathematics. The report compares 15 year ... Read more
This film documents some American children and families struggling with the pressures that they face in school today. The film notes that our kids are spending 7 hours a day in school being taught how to take tests and “perform” well, instead of learning how to learn. Then, are given 6+ hours of homework, expected ... Read more
President Obama spoke with Matt Lauer on the Today show about education as part of NBC’s week long “Education Nation” Summit in New York City. The President talked about the state of education and answered questions from educators. Later, Tom Brokaw hosted a special town hall meeting with college students and Education Secretary, Arne Duncan. ... Read more
A powerful documentary called “Waiting For Superman” is coming to theaters September 24th, with limited release in Los Angeles the weekend of September 17th. Check your local listings for details. Educators across the country are already talking about it and having screenings for parents and teachers. The synopsis directly from the official movie website ... Read more
- Home Sweet Home
- NEWS BLOG
- About O-MAMA
- omama: HA - totally agree! Sounds like you have the best...
- Debomama: I love you, BookMAMA! Both of my kids have phones...
- momof3: I'm concerned that dropping bombs is going to kil...
- ljbonilla2: I love books! I am a writer & author. Visit my...
- jeepgirl49: I think the key to the whole immigration issue is ...
- MARRIAGE VOWS: Gay Marriage Ban Ruled Unconstitutional August 5, 2010
- BORN IN THE USA: Obama Birther Non-Sense April 19, 2011
- MOUTHS WIDE OPEN: Supreme Court Upholds Free Speech March 3, 2011
- AMAZING RACE: President Announces Education Winners August 25, 2010
- LABOR PAINS: Labor Union Protests in Wisconsin August 9, 2011
- MAJORITY RULES: What’s Your Mommy Governing Style? October 3, 2014
- THREE CHEERS FOR THE RED, WHITE AND BLUE: Celebrating 4th of July June 26, 2014
- SPRING TRAINING: Taking The Steam Out Of TEEN SEX April 20, 2014
- DOUBLE MEANING: Celebrate Easter and Spring April 1, 2014
- FEATHERING OUR NESTS: O-MAMA’s Perspective on SPRING CLEANING April 1, 2014
Follow @OMAMA2009 on Twitter