Whitney Houston was one of the greatest singers of all time, and those of us who grew up listening to her unbelievable voice were caught off guard. She is gone? So many of our memories are tied to her music. We fell in love to her music and were comforted by her music when our hearts ... Read more
What do you want to chat about?Add Comment
Most Recent Post:
Father of four, husband, Apple inventor and all around technological genius, Steve Jobs, lost his battle with cancer. We are mourning the loss of a brilliant mind and a creative icon, but it’s also a very personal loss for a lot of us. Steve Jobs gave us incredible tools to communicate and gather information we ... Read more
In case you don’t already, there’s a gal we think you should know. Geraldine Ferraro was the first female Vice Presidential candidate of a major political party in our country and she died over the weekend. She’s the one who came before Hillary Clinton and Sarah Palin. She’s the one who made it okay to ... Read more
Say what you want about her unconventional personal life and the fact she was married 8 times (to 7 different men), Elizabeth Taylor was the last of the great movie stars. She sparkled like no other. At her death, she was with her four children, Michael and Christopher Wilding, Liza Todd and Maria Burton. Her ... Read more
The life of Sargent Shriver was a love story about a man who loved a woman and his country. Sargent Shriver, who was married to John F. Kennedy’s sister, Eunice, passed away in his home in Maryland, losing his battle with Alzheimer’s disease. The popular Kennedy in-law was an independent and ambitious politician and activist. ... Read more
We watched, tearfully, as President Obama addressed the nation in an auditorium filled with friends, family and community. We wanted wisdom, inspiration and solace in our time of grief. We got it. We now know those who died in the Tuscon shootings a little better. We see them as our grandfather, mother, brother and, yes, ... Read more
O-MAMA is inspired by so many women and one of them has passed away. Geraldine Doyle who was the inspiration for the WWII Rosie the Riveter “We Can Do It” poster has died at the age of 86. This real-life factory worker inspired millions of women. She literally became the poster woman for American women ... Read more
Every single foreign policy breakthrough you have ever heard about, it’s likely Richard Holbrooke probably made it happen. This diplomatic legend died at 69 following surgery on a tear in his aorta. President Obama called Holbrooke, “a true giant of American foreign policy.” And that he was. This was a man who exemplified “where there ... Read more
We were so sad to hear about the death of an incredible MAMA – Elizabeth Edwards is to be buried at the Historic Oakwood Cemetery in Raleigh, NC, right next to her son, Wade, who died in a car crash in 1996. She was also the proud mother of Catharine, Emma Claire and Jack. Edwards ... Read more
Steven Hayes was sentenced to death by jurors in Connecticut. Hayes and Joshua Komisarjevsky invaded the Petit home in 1997, beat Dr. Petit, raped and killed his wife, molested one of his two daughters and then burned the house down. Dr. Petit was the only survivor of the attack. Hayes was convicted on multiple charges ... Read more
- Home Sweet Home
- NEWS BLOG
- About O-MAMA
- omama: HA - totally agree! Sounds like you have the best...
- Debomama: I love you, BookMAMA! Both of my kids have phones...
- momof3: I'm concerned that dropping bombs is going to kil...
- ljbonilla2: I love books! I am a writer & author. Visit my...
- jeepgirl49: I think the key to the whole immigration issue is ...
- MARRIAGE VOWS: Gay Marriage Ban Ruled Unconstitutional August 5, 2010
- BORN IN THE USA: Obama Birther Non-Sense April 19, 2011
- MOUTHS WIDE OPEN: Supreme Court Upholds Free Speech March 3, 2011
- AMAZING RACE: President Announces Education Winners August 25, 2010
- LABOR PAINS: Labor Union Protests in Wisconsin August 9, 2011
- MAJORITY RULES: What’s Your Mommy Governing Style? October 3, 2014
- THREE CHEERS FOR THE RED, WHITE AND BLUE: Celebrating 4th of July June 26, 2014
- SPRING TRAINING: Taking The Steam Out Of TEEN SEX April 20, 2014
- DOUBLE MEANING: Celebrate Easter and Spring April 1, 2014
- FEATHERING OUR NESTS: O-MAMA’s Perspective on SPRING CLEANING April 1, 2014
Follow @OMAMA2009 on Twitter