Monday night is “Dancing With The Stars” night at our house. My daughter and I settle in expecting sequined costumes, lots of hair and makeup, songs we can sing along with, and that little bit of magic that comes into our living room as we watch beautiful couples moving together to music. Even their nervousness ... Read more
What do you want to chat about?Add Comment
Most Recent Post:
UPDATE 5/19 Indeed, it was a hoax. ”Botox mom” made the story up for money. Her real name is Sheena Upton and The Sun paid her to lie. Then, she claims that “Good Morning America” and “Inside Edition” paid her too. UCLA Medical Center confirms that Upton’s daughter has never received Botox and the child ... Read more
Would you buy a padded bikini top for your 8-year-old? If you would, then you can buy one at Abercrombie & Fitch, because they are selling padded bikinis for little girls. If you wouldn’t, then get in line with those who feel push up triangle tops are too sexy for young girls. The suits are ... Read more
Is too much beauty starting to get really ugly? In my opinion YES! What is it with these women who get all dolled up just to go pick up the kids from school? You know the type…big fake boobs, Botox, high heels, tight clothes. They always seem to show up late. Never volunteer to help ... Read more
Jean Kilbourne, US film-maker, has made a new documentary about print and television advertisements aimed at women that is destructive to their self-image. The premise is that ads are portraying women in an unrealistic, unhealthy manner re-defining women’s perception of beauty and sexuality Kilbourne has made films in the past dealing with alcohol and tobacco ... Read more
Jimena Navarette won this years’ Miss Universe competition, beating out 83 other women. During the pageant, Navarette was asked about children and unsupervised internet use and said, ”I do believe that Internet is an indispensable, necessary tool for the present time…we must be sure to teach them the values that we learned as a family.” ... Read more
Supermodel Naomi Campbell admitted receiving “dirty-looking pebbles” in Pretoria South Africa after a dinner hosted by Nelson Mandela. After receiving the diamonds, Campbell passed them on to the head of Mandela’s Children’s Fund and told him to use them to benefit the children. He admits he kept the diamonds, even though he suspected they were ... Read more
This fall models over 40 years old will grace the covers of Vogue, Harper’s Bazaar and Elle magazines. Actresses Halle Berry (44), Jennifer Aniston (40) and Julia Roberts (42) have been chosen to be the cover girls for three of the most important women’s fashion magazines, on their most important issues of the year. MOMism: ... Read more
M.A.C. Cosmetics is changing the names of some of their products following a public relations firestorm. M.A.C.’s Rodarte Collection, set to release this fall, drew heavy criticism for its Mexican-inspired monikers. Most noteworthy was a nail polish named Juarez. Critics claim that M.A.C.’s choice of names shows poor taste, being that Juarez is an impoverished ... Read more
- Home Sweet Home
- NEWS BLOG
- About O-MAMA
- omama: HA - totally agree! Sounds like you have the best...
- Debomama: I love you, BookMAMA! Both of my kids have phones...
- momof3: I'm concerned that dropping bombs is going to kil...
- ljbonilla2: I love books! I am a writer & author. Visit my...
- jeepgirl49: I think the key to the whole immigration issue is ...
- MARRIAGE VOWS: Gay Marriage Ban Ruled Unconstitutional August 5, 2010
- BORN IN THE USA: Obama Birther Non-Sense April 19, 2011
- MOUTHS WIDE OPEN: Supreme Court Upholds Free Speech March 3, 2011
- AMAZING RACE: President Announces Education Winners August 25, 2010
- LABOR PAINS: Labor Union Protests in Wisconsin August 9, 2011
- MAJORITY RULES: What’s Your Mommy Governing Style? October 3, 2014
- THREE CHEERS FOR THE RED, WHITE AND BLUE: Celebrating 4th of July June 26, 2014
- SPRING TRAINING: Taking The Steam Out Of TEEN SEX April 20, 2014
- DOUBLE MEANING: Celebrate Easter and Spring April 1, 2014
- FEATHERING OUR NESTS: O-MAMA’s Perspective on SPRING CLEANING April 1, 2014
Follow @OMAMA2009 on Twitter