Typically, when someone says that something is “out of this world”, they mean that it’s a good thing. However, when those words come from your child and he says that sometimes he feels like he is out of this world, that phrase takes on a whole new meaning. When my six-year-old stated how his “body ... Read more
What do you want to chat about?Add Comment
Most Recent Post:
Another special post for our special needs kids: As we near the end of the school year and our minds turn to swimming lessons and summer camps, don’t let it escape you that now is as important as ever to maintain a positive relationship with your child’s “team.” Doing so will help to ensure a ... Read more
A special note to moms of special needs kids: As Mother’s Day nears, some of us may be thinking about a wish list and dropping hints and others may be too tired or stressed to even bother. No matter which group you fall into, you deserve a break. So, this Mother’s Day why don’t you ... Read more
My story began in the spring of 2009. The snow had melted, the flowers were blooming, and the sun was once again shining bright. Although the signs of spring outside brought forth hope and cheer, the feeling inside was anything but. My then four-year-old lay on the couch, drained of energy and holding his head. ... Read more
Another special post for our special needs kids: For those of us in the northeast, while it may not feel like it, spring break is upon us. Some of us, like myself, may be traveling to warmer places and others are busy planning a staycation at home. In any event, routines and schedules will be ... Read more
Today and tomorrow are Autism Awareness days encouraging us all to shine a BIG BLUE LIGHT on autism. Autism affects 1 in 110 of our kids and 1 in 70 boys. Why? We need to shine a light on this problem and find out. So, MAMAS – please watch this adorable KID-O video and spread ... Read more
Another special post for our special needs kids: The theme this year at my children’s school is Space: Reach for the Stars. Several activities are planned around this theme and the students are encouraged to not only learn about the moon and planets but to reach for the stars and stretch their minds and imaginations. ... Read more
A special post for our special needs kids: We’re in the middle of summer break and next week I need to order my kids’ school supplies. I remember going to Staples or Office Max (if one or the other was sold out of the blue denim binder or perfect pencil case) two days before school ... Read more
- Home Sweet Home
- NEWS BLOG
- About O-MAMA
- omama: HA - totally agree! Sounds like you have the best...
- Debomama: I love you, BookMAMA! Both of my kids have phones...
- momof3: I'm concerned that dropping bombs is going to kil...
- ljbonilla2: I love books! I am a writer & author. Visit my...
- jeepgirl49: I think the key to the whole immigration issue is ...
- MARRIAGE VOWS: Gay Marriage Ban Ruled Unconstitutional August 5, 2010
- BORN IN THE USA: Obama Birther Non-Sense April 19, 2011
- MOUTHS WIDE OPEN: Supreme Court Upholds Free Speech March 3, 2011
- AMAZING RACE: President Announces Education Winners August 25, 2010
- LABOR PAINS: Labor Union Protests in Wisconsin August 9, 2011
- MAJORITY RULES: What’s Your Mommy Governing Style? October 3, 2014
- THREE CHEERS FOR THE RED, WHITE AND BLUE: Celebrating 4th of July June 26, 2014
- SPRING TRAINING: Taking The Steam Out Of TEEN SEX April 20, 2014
- DOUBLE MEANING: Celebrate Easter and Spring April 1, 2014
- FEATHERING OUR NESTS: O-MAMA’s Perspective on SPRING CLEANING April 1, 2014
Follow @OMAMA2009 on Twitter