“thanks·giv·ing: the act of giving thanks; grateful acknowledgment of benefits or favors, especially to God; an expression of thanks, especially to God; a public celebration in acknowledgment of divine favor or kindness; a day set apart for giving thanks to God.” I’m looking forward to another Thanksgiving Day. But I also want to think of ... Read more
What do you want to chat about?Add Comment
Most Recent Post:
DECLARATIONS OF INDEPENDENCE: Thankful For My Many Blessings
DECLARATIONS OF INDEPENDENCE: Listen And Learn
I was on my way to buy some birthday gifts when I saw my eldest son’s vehicle parked at a Star Bucks. He goes there frequently to write his blogs for IdeaFestival.com and KY Space.com. So, I stopped and thought I’d go in to just say “hi.” I ended up keeping him from his business ... Read more
DECLARATIONS OF INDEPENDENCE: Independence Day
Hello O-Mamas! The Fourth of July in the United States of America commemorates the adoption of the Declaration of Independence on July 4, 1776, declaring independence from Great Britain. On July 3rd, a day earlier than the final approval of the Declaration, John Adams wrote to his wife Abigail: The second day of July, 1776, ... Read more
DECLARATION OF INDEPENDENCE: Priorities
Hello O-Mamas! Around April 1st, I started writing some comments for our Independent Mamas. Then family matters got me sidetracked. However, I was still thinking about you, and what would be a good subject to consider and discuss. A number of thoughts came to my mind, and then I got a suggestion from MichelleO-MAMA ... Read more
DECLARATIONS OF INDEPENDENCE: Truth Or Consequences
Hello O-Mama’s! When my sons were small, they occasionally got into a squabble, or one of them accidentally broke something, or one or all three of them committed some other trespass. And as mothers do, I asked, “Who did it? Who is at fault?” And of course, all fingers pointed to another!! What was the ... Read more
DECLARATIONS OF INDEPENDENCE: A Trip To A Rally That Wasn’t What They Said It Would Be!
We left home on Thursday, August 26th just before 7 a.m. It was a lovely day for traveling. Late in the afternoon we stopped in Woodstock, Virginia, no, not THAT Woodstock! This was about one and a half hours from Washington, D.C., our destination. We had a wonderful dinner at a unique old restaurant, the Spring House Tavern. ... Read more
- Home Sweet Home
- NEWS BLOG
- About O-MAMA
- omama: HA - totally agree! Sounds like you have the best...
- Debomama: I love you, BookMAMA! Both of my kids have phones...
- momof3: I'm concerned that dropping bombs is going to kil...
- ljbonilla2: I love books! I am a writer & author. Visit my...
- jeepgirl49: I think the key to the whole immigration issue is ...
- MARRIAGE VOWS: Gay Marriage Ban Ruled Unconstitutional August 5, 2010
- BORN IN THE USA: Obama Birther Non-Sense April 19, 2011
- MOUTHS WIDE OPEN: Supreme Court Upholds Free Speech March 3, 2011
- AMAZING RACE: President Announces Education Winners August 25, 2010
- LABOR PAINS: Labor Union Protests in Wisconsin August 9, 2011
- MAJORITY RULES: What’s Your Mommy Governing Style? October 3, 2014
- THREE CHEERS FOR THE RED, WHITE AND BLUE: Celebrating 4th of July June 26, 2014
- SPRING TRAINING: Taking The Steam Out Of TEEN SEX April 20, 2014
- DOUBLE MEANING: Celebrate Easter and Spring April 1, 2014
- FEATHERING OUR NESTS: O-MAMA’s Perspective on SPRING CLEANING April 1, 2014
Follow @OMAMA2009 on Twitter
Some of us are lucky to spend our lives with a great guy who makes us laugh…Granny La Te Da is married to one of those guys!!! Lucky lady. Her husband told her that in Kentucky, where they live, the "horses are beautiful and the women are wild." It made ME smile. Thanks Granny. You both seem lucky! Enjoy your beautful (and wild) Kentucky summer – thanks for your latest post!!! xox