My kids just spent a week learning about Trustworthiness, Respect, Responsibility, Fairness, Caring and Citizenship at school. We all teach and reinforce those values at home, too. It seems pretty basic, right MAMAs? The “Character Counts” program has nothing to do with politics, religion or other cultural differences – it has everything to do with ... Read more
What do you want to chat about?Add Comment
Most Recent Post:
We tell our kids to tell the truth and follow the rules. Last week, when Mitt Romney distorted the truth multiple times and created his own rules for debate etiquette, Mitt was still declared the “winner”?! I wouldn’t allow my kids to behave that way without consequence, so why should Mitt? This week, the President ... Read more
I am still a little dizzy from all the shaking up Mitt Romney did last night. And, too exhausted to go through the entire debate and point out all the flip flops that happened over night. I felt like shaking the TV and interrupting him to say, “hey, wait a second, you said ’47% of ... Read more
At the DNC convention – the First Lady spoke passionately about her role as First Lady and as a mother. Regardless of who we may vote for, we should be watching, reading and listening to both sides! Take a few minutes and watch the speech and let us know your opinions MAMAS!
I got another email from a Republican I love complaining about the USA becoming a “socialist” country. So, I had to respond…I don’t want the USA to be a “socialist” country with uber high taxes…that isn’t the country I want, but it’s not the country we have?! That’s the part I don’t understand. It’s a ... Read more
UPDATE: Good news!! Congressional leaders have reached a bi-partisian agreement on the FAA debacle, so all those folks will go back to work on Monday! Thank you to Kay Bailey Hutchinson (R-TX), Max Baucus (D-MO), Harry Reid (D-NV) and Jay Rockefeller (D-WV) for making it happen. Since that was just my latest example of obstruction, ... Read more
I don’t know why I’m shocked about what is going on in Wisconsin – Debbie and I have had some heated debates for sure. But, I always come back to something my grandpa always told me…”We will always have ‘haves’ and ‘have nots’ in this country, but we will never have ‘have nothings.’” My grandpa ... Read more
I don’t really care if the new seating arrangement at the State of the Union is for “show” – I like it. I think our Congress needs to pull it together right now and start acting like grown ups. The truth is…I worry that they aren’t very smart sometimes. Why don’t they seem to “get ... Read more
- Home Sweet Home
- NEWS BLOG
- About O-MAMA
- omama: HA - totally agree! Sounds like you have the best...
- Debomama: I love you, BookMAMA! Both of my kids have phones...
- momof3: I'm concerned that dropping bombs is going to kil...
- ljbonilla2: I love books! I am a writer & author. Visit my...
- jeepgirl49: I think the key to the whole immigration issue is ...
- MARRIAGE VOWS: Gay Marriage Ban Ruled Unconstitutional August 5, 2010
- BORN IN THE USA: Obama Birther Non-Sense April 19, 2011
- MOUTHS WIDE OPEN: Supreme Court Upholds Free Speech March 3, 2011
- AMAZING RACE: President Announces Education Winners August 25, 2010
- LABOR PAINS: Labor Union Protests in Wisconsin August 9, 2011
- MAJORITY RULES: What’s Your Mommy Governing Style? October 3, 2014
- THREE CHEERS FOR THE RED, WHITE AND BLUE: Celebrating 4th of July June 26, 2014
- SPRING TRAINING: Taking The Steam Out Of TEEN SEX April 20, 2014
- DOUBLE MEANING: Celebrate Easter and Spring April 1, 2014
- FEATHERING OUR NESTS: O-MAMA’s Perspective on SPRING CLEANING April 1, 2014
Follow @OMAMA2009 on Twitter