Noah Webster & His Words, written by Jeri Chase Ferris. Any time I read anything about the birth of our nation…about our Patriots and Sons of Liberty fighting against the hold of King George and Mother Britain…about settlers moving west and creating lives and towns and families and histories in the wilds…about town hall meetings ... Read more
What do you want to chat about?Add Comment
Most Recent Post:
Bonk – The Curious Coupling of Science and Sex, written by Mary Roach. A.J. Jacobs said Mary Roach could write a book about Quonset huts and he would read it—she’s that good. Well, I feel the same way about A.J.Jacobs, so I figured I should give Roach a try. Mary Roach is the funniest science ... Read more
Mary: Mrs. A. Lincoln by Janis Cooke Newman This is a novel written in the form of a first person biography by Mary Todd Lincoln—comprised of notes composed by Mrs. Lincoln herself when she was in a lunatic asylum. This is an unbelievably sad book written by a complicated but altogether sane woman who was most ... Read more
The Help by Kathryn Stockett—fabulous, thumbs up. SHOCKING account of what went on in some homes in the South as recently as 30-40 years ago—in our lifetime! The Little Stranger by Sarah Waters and Shatter by Michael Robotham— I got both these books off a favorite books of 2009 list by Stephen King of all people—whose books I don’t ... Read more
- Home Sweet Home
- NEWS BLOG
- About O-MAMA
- omama: HA - totally agree! Sounds like you have the best...
- Debomama: I love you, BookMAMA! Both of my kids have phones...
- momof3: I'm concerned that dropping bombs is going to kil...
- ljbonilla2: I love books! I am a writer & author. Visit my...
- jeepgirl49: I think the key to the whole immigration issue is ...
- MARRIAGE VOWS: Gay Marriage Ban Ruled Unconstitutional August 5, 2010
- BORN IN THE USA: Obama Birther Non-Sense April 19, 2011
- MOUTHS WIDE OPEN: Supreme Court Upholds Free Speech March 3, 2011
- AMAZING RACE: President Announces Education Winners August 25, 2010
- LABOR PAINS: Labor Union Protests in Wisconsin August 9, 2011
- MAJORITY RULES: What’s Your Mommy Governing Style? October 3, 2014
- THREE CHEERS FOR THE RED, WHITE AND BLUE: Celebrating 4th of July June 26, 2014
- SPRING TRAINING: Taking The Steam Out Of TEEN SEX April 20, 2014
- DOUBLE MEANING: Celebrate Easter and Spring April 1, 2014
- FEATHERING OUR NESTS: O-MAMA’s Perspective on SPRING CLEANING April 1, 2014
Follow @OMAMA2009 on Twitter