My review this month is on The Beauty Of Different: Observations Of A Confident Misfit written by Karen Walrond. “The Mad Hatter: Have I gone mad? Alice: I’m afraid so. You’re entirely bonkers, but I’ll tell you a secret: all the best people are.” There’s a guy that goes to my gym. He wears old school Raybans ... Read more
What do you want to chat about?Add Comment
Most Recent Post:
BEAUTIFULLY BONKERS: October Book For O-MAMAs
STAR POWER: October Book Review For KID-O’s
My review this month is on Blackout, written by John Rocco. Last week there was an enormous power outage in Southern California. For about 10 hours—basically from the time we got home from school/work until way past bed time, we were in a blackout state—and so were countless thousands down to Baja California and east all ... Read more
QUIET CLASSIC: September Book For Kid-O’s
THE QUIET BOOK By Deborah Underwood When I rejoined the workforce last year, I consciously and purposefully avoided teaching in a classroom again and instead went to work in a library. All kinds of reasoning went into that decision but one of the big ones was LIBRARIES TEND TO BE VERY QUIET PLACES. Our library ... Read more
DEAD ON: September Book For MAMAs
THE FATAL GIFT OF BEAUTY: The Trials of Amada Knox By Nina Burleigh A long time ago, I was graduated from college and did the classic “bum around Europe” trip with a good girlfriend of mine. This was in the very early 90’s. 1990’s. We flew from Los Angeles to Heathrow with backpacks and no ... Read more
BOOK WORM: July Book Review For MAMAs
THE KNOW-IT-ALL ONE MAN’S HUMBLE QUEST TO BECOME THE SMARTEST PERSON IN THE WORLD BY A.J. JACOBS “I’m curious about everything–even things that don’t interest me.” Alex Trebek There are so many things I love about this book that I don’t even know where to begin. First of all, since it was published 7 years ... Read more
BEE FAMILY: June Book Review For Kids
Review of Aunt Claire’s Yellow Beehive Hair by Deborah Blumenthal and Mary Grandpre ——————————————————— “Reminiscences make one feel so deliciously aged and sad.” - George Bernard Shaw My girlfriends and I were talking about getting old the other day (for a change), and we got on the subjects of dementia and senility and Alzheimer’s disease. My ... Read more
FOR HEAVEN’S SAKE: June Book Review For MAMAs
Review Of Heaven Is For Real by Todd Burpo — So, the world was supposed to end last weekend. It didn’t. I don’t think. I guess this could all be a matrix or a dream. I have to admit I did not for one second think the world was going to end. I don’t even know what that means. ... Read more
APRIL SHOWERS:Book MAMA Reigns Supreme!
Book MAMA has two new reviews for the Easter season. One you can share with your kids as you dye those eggs for bunny to hide, and one for you to read while you’re in your quiet MAMA hideaway. The Kid pick is an oldy but a goody: Rechenka’s Eggs by Patricia Polacco. Book MAMA says: ... Read more
- Home Sweet Home
- NEWS BLOG
- About O-MAMA
- omama: HA - totally agree! Sounds like you have the best...
- Debomama: I love you, BookMAMA! Both of my kids have phones...
- momof3: I'm concerned that dropping bombs is going to kil...
- ljbonilla2: I love books! I am a writer & author. Visit my...
- jeepgirl49: I think the key to the whole immigration issue is ...
- MARRIAGE VOWS: Gay Marriage Ban Ruled Unconstitutional August 5, 2010
- BORN IN THE USA: Obama Birther Non-Sense April 19, 2011
- MOUTHS WIDE OPEN: Supreme Court Upholds Free Speech March 3, 2011
- AMAZING RACE: President Announces Education Winners August 25, 2010
- LABOR PAINS: Labor Union Protests in Wisconsin August 9, 2011
- MAJORITY RULES: What’s Your Mommy Governing Style? October 3, 2014
- THREE CHEERS FOR THE RED, WHITE AND BLUE: Celebrating 4th of July June 26, 2014
- SPRING TRAINING: Taking The Steam Out Of TEEN SEX April 20, 2014
- DOUBLE MEANING: Celebrate Easter and Spring April 1, 2014
- FEATHERING OUR NESTS: O-MAMA’s Perspective on SPRING CLEANING April 1, 2014
Follow @OMAMA2009 on Twitter
I love books! I am a writer & author. Visit my blog at: http://mamawannablog.wordpress.com/