Shortly after the debate began, I had the following exchange via text with a friend: Me: “Mitt is killing it! Specific, strong, pointed…very well prepared!” My Friend: “Be quiet and watch.” (Yeah, right! “Quiet” wasn’t gonna happen, I was fired up. So I shot back..) Me: “Obama looks condescending? Tired? Angry? Not sure…but he didn’t ... Read more
What do you want to chat about?Add Comment
Most Recent Post:
We’d like to think that most kids are naturally “kind,” but we know bullying is a problem in our society. We found two gals who identified this problem, but did not accept that bullying was the “common ground” for girls’ relationships. They went out in search of examples of kindness and mutual respect, and are ...
Today, One World Trade Center became the tallest building in New York City when the scaffolding for the structure, which will replace the twin towers, surpassed the height of the Empire State building. When completed, One World Trade will measure 1,776 feet. This is an amazing documentary about the people who are rebuilding Ground Zero after 9/11 – grab ... Read more
MAY 2012 KID-O: Zach Wahls Zach is our KID-O of the month because he is changing the world by putting GAY MARRIAGE in the context of millions of kids with same-sex parents. Zach has become the face of “a child of a same sex couple.” Zach Wahls is all about family. He’s sorta your average ...
MAY 2012 HOT MAMA: Betsy Crapps & Her Mom Prom Leave it to MAMAs to take Girls Night Out to a new level! It’s Prom time again….not for the teenie boppers…for MAMAs! Imagine your best pals suggesting you get out your old prom dress from….umpteen years ago, squeeze into it, and go out dancing. Yeah, the ...
In case you didn’t know, Passover is one of the most important of all Jewish holidays. Why? This Jewish holy day honors the Exodus of the Israelites from Egypt after they were freed from slavery. Hooray! The Old Testament says that God was to exact a tenth plague upon the land by killing everyone’s first born sons, ... Read more
Originally Posted 2/4/11: Does your head hurt? If so, take two aspirin because here we go again…and it’s nearly impossible to follow all of the healthcare ups and downs. Didn’t we already finish with this mess? Not everyone was happy, but at least is was kind of over. Now, all we care about is if my ... Read more
How many of our kids wear hoodies in the rain? How many of our kids get shot because they are wearing hoodies in the rain? Well, at least one…this week. America is scratching its collective head over the shooting of 17-year-old Trayvon Martin. The Florida teen was walking back to a friend’s house with a bag ... Read more
UPDATE March 19, 2012: Army staff sergeant and father of two, Robert Bales, has been identified as the man who allegedly carried out a nighttime attack on two Afghan villages, killing 16 civllians, including 9 children. Bales has served four tours of duty in Iraq and Afghanistan, during which he suffered a brain injury and partial ... Read more
- Home Sweet Home
- NEWS BLOG
- About O-MAMA
- omama: HA - totally agree! Sounds like you have the best...
- Debomama: I love you, BookMAMA! Both of my kids have phones...
- momof3: I'm concerned that dropping bombs is going to kil...
- ljbonilla2: I love books! I am a writer & author. Visit my...
- jeepgirl49: I think the key to the whole immigration issue is ...
- MARRIAGE VOWS: Gay Marriage Ban Ruled Unconstitutional August 5, 2010
- BORN IN THE USA: Obama Birther Non-Sense April 19, 2011
- MOUTHS WIDE OPEN: Supreme Court Upholds Free Speech March 3, 2011
- AMAZING RACE: President Announces Education Winners August 25, 2010
- LABOR PAINS: Labor Union Protests in Wisconsin August 9, 2011
- MAJORITY RULES: What’s Your Mommy Governing Style? October 3, 2014
- THREE CHEERS FOR THE RED, WHITE AND BLUE: Celebrating 4th of July June 26, 2014
- SPRING TRAINING: Taking The Steam Out Of TEEN SEX April 20, 2014
- DOUBLE MEANING: Celebrate Easter and Spring April 1, 2014
- FEATHERING OUR NESTS: O-MAMA’s Perspective on SPRING CLEANING April 1, 2014
Follow @OMAMA2009 on Twitter