Easter is a Christian holiday that like most is mixed with ‘pagan’ ritual and celebration. Pagan rituals were adapted around important Christian celebrations. Even the word Easter comes from the Anglo-Saxon goddess of spring, “Eostre.” Today, Christians celebrate the Resurrection of Jesus Christ on Easter, but most Americans also celebrate the spirit of spring and renewal. ... Read more
What do you want to chat about?Add Comment
Most Recent Post:
DOUBLE MEANING: Celebrate Easter and Spring
September 2013 Hot MAMA: Tracy Beckerman
Tracy Beckerman is Cool In Suburbia. Our Hot-MAMA this month is bringing funny to the burbs. Her popular blog, syndicated humor column and latest book, “Lost in Suburbia” is for “any mom who is trying to hold onto just a bit of her former COOL pre-mom self.” A sense of humor helps all moms keep ...
O-MAMA ON THE RADIO: God, Gays, Guns and Government
Holy Toledo – we are talking about God, gays, guns and our dysfunctional government, oh my! Grab some coffee and join us for kitchen table talk – click here to listen to today’s RADIO show. – Deb & Michelle
THE STATE OF OUR UNION: Opinionated MAMA’s Perspective on “Keeping It Together”
When the honeymoon is over and the day-to-day grind of real life begins, it takes a lot of hard work to create a healthy, happy…more perfect…union. Whether we are talking about the state of our country or the state of our own marriage and family, the message is the same. We need to take time ... Read more
“Save Your Silver Bullets”: Opinionated MAMA’s Perspective on GUN SAFETY
Reposted from January 24, 2011: “Bang! Bang! You’re dead.” It’s all fun and games, right? We can’t stop our kids from shooting things…I tried, my son turned a banana into a gun. But, as a mother, I can make sure he doesn’t point his banana at anyone. That’s the rule in our house. Why? We ... Read more
VIDEO: “With Freedom Comes Responsibility”
Opinionated MAMAs, Michelle Tingler and Debbie Devine, are friends, moms and political opposites who discuss the news & events of the day from a mom’s perspective. The O-MAMAs use parenting strategies, instead of politics, to discuss the social and political issues of our time – with a little humor and a lot of common sense. ... Read more
DECEMBER 2012 HOT MAMA: Peace Builder Michelle Molina
Everyone’s one wish is for “world peace,” but few of us put that desire into action. Michelle Molina is our hot mama because she’s committed to acting on that desire through her organization PeacePartners. Michelle is an educator who developed PeaceBuilders, a violence prevention curriculum which aims to create safe, positive learning environments in places where violence and bullying ...
DECEMBER 2012 KID-O CHANGING THE WORLD: Politi-Kid Connor Brantley
Connor Brantley is changing the world by changing the face of politics, although, he’s more likely to be using pimple cream than shaving cream on his! This 14-year-old spicy Texan founded “United Now,” a political group with the goal of, “ending the partisan divide and showing that you are never too young to be involved ...
O-MAMA’s Tips For Faking The “Perfect” Family” Holiday
Faking the perfect family takes years of practice, so MAMAs don’t put too much pressure on yourselves for perfecting it immediately. With one major holiday down, here are some tips that can give us a head start on the next one! 1. The perfect family photo/holiday card Really? Why do we pick out matching clothes for ... Read more
ELECTION HANGOVER: Obama Wins, Waiting On Florida
Michelle and Deb are tired. Michelle is elated, Deb is deflated. Life goes on. What lessons can be learned from this election cycle, MAMAs? Now that the country has sobered up, how does our country move forward together from here?
- Home Sweet Home
- NEWS BLOG
- About O-MAMA
- omama: HA - totally agree! Sounds like you have the best...
- Debomama: I love you, BookMAMA! Both of my kids have phones...
- momof3: I'm concerned that dropping bombs is going to kil...
- ljbonilla2: I love books! I am a writer & author. Visit my...
- jeepgirl49: I think the key to the whole immigration issue is ...
- MARRIAGE VOWS: Gay Marriage Ban Ruled Unconstitutional August 5, 2010
- BORN IN THE USA: Obama Birther Non-Sense April 19, 2011
- MOUTHS WIDE OPEN: Supreme Court Upholds Free Speech March 3, 2011
- AMAZING RACE: President Announces Education Winners August 25, 2010
- LABOR PAINS: Labor Union Protests in Wisconsin August 9, 2011
- MAJORITY RULES: What’s Your Mommy Governing Style? October 3, 2014
- THREE CHEERS FOR THE RED, WHITE AND BLUE: Celebrating 4th of July June 26, 2014
- SPRING TRAINING: Taking The Steam Out Of TEEN SEX April 20, 2014
- DOUBLE MEANING: Celebrate Easter and Spring April 1, 2014
- FEATHERING OUR NESTS: O-MAMA’s Perspective on SPRING CLEANING April 1, 2014
Follow @OMAMA2009 on Twitter
HA – totally agree! Sounds like you have the best kind of LOVE. xox